Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hold onto yer hats, guys and gals (and everything else!)... page 2

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Erm, better than everyone except me?

Look at you, eating meat and vegetables, no less! Hoo-bloomin'-ray, and congratulations.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Being Primal DOES give you that ego boost
    Sarah, I'm really happy you're eating meat. I know that was a huge stumbling block for you, so it's great to see you taking that step. As to cooking it, Gathwh is right. You'll figure it out eventually. Next time it's underdone, call it "rare". Yes, even if it's underdone enough that it makes barnyard noises when you poke it. If you turn it into shoe leather, that's "well well done." Drench it in something fatty and go to town.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    I had a bit of moo-cow tonight. Large salad with the pan juices.

Followed by some 20% (blackberry, cherry, apple and raspberry cobbler (for our US friends, it's a bit like a pie, but with scone-type things on top (I guess you'd call them 'biscuits') with M&S luxury double cream custard.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Cobbler's here in America too, chica. Good stuff, too. Well, it was. *whistles*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Superb side-effect of Primal #9,782: if I'm going to have a dessert, I'm happiest to find one made with full cream and full fat cheese. (Have you tried those tiny chocolate pot thingies from M&S? Ohdearohdear...)

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    sorry but what is talking "British"?? I hardly think the way you write is typical of most of the people in Britain. I like to wite and speak in my native language English

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    I hope you enjoyed your meat experience and I hope you benefit from it

egger is offline Member
    A quality instant read thermometer (Thermapen) has done wonders for cooking meat to the various preferences in my family. I'd say worth the investment if you're cooking quality (hence expensive) meats regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Superb side-effect of Primal #9,782: if I'm going to have a dessert, I'm happiest to find one made with full cream and full fat cheese. (Have you tried those tiny chocolate pot thingies from M&S? Ohdearohdear...)
    Ya mean the ones with the dark, milk and white choccie mousse layers with the choccie curl on top in the little square glasses? Oh, yes!

They weren't in the '2 for a tenner' deal, though (and, being a Yorkie, I like to stretch the tenner! So we had the cobbler (RRP £3) 2 bits of rump steak (£5) garlic mushrooms (£3) and some Cajun chicken things (not Primal, they had cornflour in the saucy bit in the middle) (£4). I also got Dad a bottle of white (£5.50). £10 for stuff with an RRP of £20.50! Think I did alright out of that! ) Additions were the custard and some red cabbage with apple, red onion and balsamic for Mum (she and I don't care for mushrooms).

There were the vanilla NY cheesecake slices in the offer, some of those melting middle choccie soufflé things, fudgy brownie things and some individual crumbles, but they're only one portion - bleed 'em for everything they've got, I say!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by egger View Post
    A quality instant read thermometer (Thermapen) has done wonders for cooking meat to the various preferences in my family. I'd say worth the investment if you're cooking quality (hence expensive) meats regularly.

Egger,

I can only afford an expensive (read pastured) joint once or twice a month (if I buy from the 2 farmers' markets I can get to on the train). The steaks were cheap (cereal fed) beef.

We do have a meat thermometer somewhere (it was my dad's late mum's - aka the best damned cook in the known universe - Delia, eat yer heart out! Little Waltham legend has it that, when she died, the Village Summer Fete's takings went down 75% because she sold just about everything. Her crab apple and rosemary, crab apple and rose-petal and crab apple and lavender jellies were sold out every year within 30 mins!) but she had it about 40 years, so I'm not sure how good it will be now...

The pig is also cheap (each loin steak is only about 75p). It's my staple brekkie now: - pork loin, fried eggs and spinach/salad. I've stopped eating bacon because of all the preservatives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12