Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout Videos? page

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member

Workout Videos?

Shop Now
    I am not a creative person when it comes to exercise, I need help from a professional. Does anyone have any recommendations on at home videos that count for low cardio (walking is not always an option in Colorado) and lifting heavy things (preferably 30 min)? I really dislike the gym. I will try anything! Belly dancing, yoga, whatever. I just want to enjoy myself. Thanks!

P.S.
    I tried P90X and I am over it. The workouts are long and the cardio is too high.
    Last edited by me2; 10-29-2010 at 04:16 PM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

danny.v.ramos is offline Junior Member

Some less main stream sugestions.

Let me make some non main stream suggestions.

Check out the exercise videos produced by the Gray Institute here;

http://www.grayinstitute.com/educati...cts.aspx?cat=9

Also www.dragondoor.com has a lot of good stuff for he lift something heavy day.

www.monkeybargym.com is a great and very primal resource in terms of fitness if not in diet , gasp!!! they are Vegans ; ).

www.bodytribe.com has some great stuff

last but not least

www.fitnessanywhere.com produces quality stuff but you can only use it if you have a suspension training system.
    There are cheaper options than the TRX, like monkeybar's jungle gym xt.

hope this helps
    Danny
    www.barefootstrength.net

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Finding a workout video that is really low intensity (not getting your heart rate into the mythical "fat burning zone") is not that easy, since most trainers and/or video presenters still believe in that mythical zone. The first that comes to mind is Leslie Sansone. She has about a billion different walking at home videos. Another instructor who isn't too strenuous is Richard Simmons (I know, he is a bit over the top, but his love and compassion for those with weight issues is unparalleled). I would suggest for cardio you go to a website like totalfitnessdvds.com and look for a beginner workout. Here is the link:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/category-s/185.htm

In order for your heart rate not to get too high, you will probably need to stay in the beginner (or beginner-intermediate) category. For weights, a really good system for lifting heavy things and around 30 minutes is Chalean Extreme. It is a Beachbody program (like P90X). You can always do P90X...and do only half the workouts. Another great "lift heavy things" workout is from my favorite/go-to instructor Cathe Friedrich. She has a system out called STS. Mesocycle number 3 is all about lifting as heavy as you can...good stuff! However, the workouts are about 45 minutes. Cathe also has some great interval workouts if you are looking for "sprint" workouts on DVD.

Good luck and happy searching! Exercise videos are my favorite way to exercise. I have A LOT of them!

Carrie

ETA: After looking at Total Fitness DVDs, I remembered a great, low impact, lower intensity workout...hula-hooping! Get yourself a weighted or ADULT hoop and go to town while watching TV. Trying to hoop with a smaller, less expensive, child's hoop is frustrating and darn near impossible. An adult hoop (you can find them at hoopnotica.com or a travel version at amazon.com) is larger and has just a little weight to it. The weighted hoops available at amazon.com and sporting goods stores (both Dick's Sporting Goods and Dunham's in my area have them) weigh about 3 pounds. It is lots of fun!
    Last edited by carres1973; 10-30-2010 at 07:54 PM.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Steve Maxwell has a few out there ranging from kettlebells to body weight workouts. There is also Mike Mahler(as you see i'm partial to kettlebells).

me2
    Thank you all so much! I am starting w/ Chalean Extreme, but I am also very interested in the kettlebells. Can't wait to try the online sites as well. I am all about free stuff. Primal people are so incredibly helpful and supportive.

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    So I did the Chalean & loved it. Any other good strength training videos out there?

mrsgp101310 is offline Member
    I totally rec the Supreme 90 day system. Similar to P90X in that it's based on muscle confusion, but the wo's are shorter (ranging from 30 mins to 45 mins approx) and it's much, much cheaper. I think its reg priced at $20 but I got mine on clearance at Target for $13, and I've heard other places even being cheaper! You get 10 dvd's and all the workouts are planned out on a calendar with 1 rest day built in/wk. All you need are db's and a stability ball. I'm on day 57 of the program and have lost 16.75"

girlsgotrhythm is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgp101310 View Post
    I totally rec the Supreme 90 day system. Similar to P90X in that it's based on muscle confusion, but the wo's are shorter (ranging from 30 mins to 45 mins approx) and it's much, much cheaper. I think its reg priced at $20 but I got mine on clearance at Target for $13, and I've heard other places even being cheaper! You get 10 dvd's and all the workouts are planned out on a calendar with 1 rest day built in/wk. All you need are db's and a stability ball. I'm on day 57 of the program and have lost 16.75"
    Did you do the Supreme 90 Day program as prescribed or did you cut the workouts in half (as someone previously recommended for the P90X system) so as not to overtrain? I tried that disc called 'Tabata fire' from the Supreme system one day and it just about killed me. I couldn't finish it.

mrsgp101310 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsgotrhythm View Post
    Did you do the Supreme 90 Day program as prescribed or did you cut the workouts in half (as someone previously recommended for the P90X system) so as not to overtrain? I tried that disc called 'Tabata fire' from the Supreme system one day and it just about killed me. I couldn't finish it.
    I am doing it as prescribed; since the w/o's are shorter, there's no need to cut them in half like P90X. Yeah, that would Tabata Inferno and it definately kicks a$$! So do you have S90? I'll be done with my 2nd phase Saturday then only 30 more days to completion!

Ross is offline Junior Member
    I read your post and according to your interest you must do the belly dancing. By doing belly dance at least 30 minutes you can burn the extra fat from your belly. It also helpful to increase the stamina of the body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast