Thread: Tea page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Yesterday night I discovered that if you add a big chunk of unsalted organic butter to a hot cup of green tea, stir it well and add some stevia, the result is a thick, delicious and rich beverage. I dare you to try it.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Forgotten18 is offline Junior Member

I'm definitely going to try this. Have you done this is coffee as well?

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

OMG its like yak butter GREEN tea! I dont know how I feel about this. Though, I will say... Ive done it with black tea while I was sick. And that was yum.

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Tarlach is offline Member

Why would anyone consider doing this? Dairy is bad enough for you without going out of your way to drink butter...

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Tarlach I was actually wondering how would it taste with lard. Will try it as soon as I find good lard.

Or maybe almond butter?

I think you could treat the drink as a snack. I had another one today and I loved it. It has the texture of hot chocolate.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Shine is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I had always heard that cream/milk reduces the health benefits of tea because the milk proteins bind with the catechins in tea and prevent the body from absorbing them. (Or something to that effect; I am probably completely misusing terminology there!) I wonder if butter would have the same effect? Then again, if it is just as a treat, I suppose it wouldn't matter. I wonder if coconut oil would be good in tea, maybe in a nice bergamont Earl Grey. I miss the heavy, creamy deliciousness of a nice strong cup of breakfast tea.