Thread: How much value should I be place in fitday? page

momofredheads is offline Senior Member

How much value should I be place in fitday?

Shop Now
    So I have been tracking my food since the 10/22, basically a week's worth and I am wondering how my calories are fairing? Some days I am hungrier than others, today happens to be one of those days where I am hungry. Today I ate 3 eggs over easy and 7 pieces of thick bacon a cup of baby carrots at 11:30 ish. 2 cups of coffe with cream. According to fitday I have consumed 1155 in calories and now we are rounding the dinner hour, I plan on broiling some salmon and veggies for dinner. So if I am lucky I might come close to 2000 claories for the day.

Fitday says on average I consume about 2015 a day and I burn around 2775 a day that is without any excercise calculated. I am currently 5'11" and 200lbs. Am I eating enough or am I getting to technical with the calories? I mean I know we aren't supposed to think about them much, but sometimes CW is hard to shake. My % are stayin 60 fat/20 protein/20 carb for the most part some days the carbs are little lower like in the 12-18 range.

My excercise of late is mainly PBFitness right now. I have dropped P90X altogether, not been in the mood to do it and my energy levels haven't really been spectacular. I do get in walking 2 days a week, lifting heavy things 2x a week and resting 2 days a week, sometimes I get a heavier workout in, it really depends on what happens that day, like yesterday I mowed the lawn for an hour and half up and down hills, wore the heart rate monitor and learned that I had burned about 550 calories just from that work. Anyway, just curious what others think.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    So I have been tracking my food since the 10/22, basically a week's worth and I am wondering how my calories are fairing? Some days I am hungrier than others, today happens to be one of those days where I am hungry. Today I ate 3 eggs over easy and 7 pieces of thick bacon a cup of baby carrots at 11:30 ish. 2 cups of coffe with cream. According to fitday I have consumed 1155 in calories and now we are rounding the dinner hour, I plan on broiling some salmon and veggies for dinner. So if I am lucky I might come close to 2000 claories for the day.

Fitday says on average I consume about 2015 a day and I burn around 2775 a day that is without any excercise calculated. I am currently 5'11" and 200lbs. Am I eating enough or am I getting to technical with the calories? I mean I know we aren't supposed to think about them much, but sometimes CW is hard to shake. My % are stayin 60 fat/20 protein/20 carb for the most part some days the carbs are little lower like in the 12-18 range.

My excercise of late is mainly PBFitness right now. I have dropped P90X altogether, not been in the mood to do it and my energy levels haven't really been spectacular. I do get in walking 2 days a week, lifting heavy things 2x a week and resting 2 days a week, sometimes I get a heavier workout in, it really depends on what happens that day, like yesterday I mowed the lawn for an hour and half up and down hills, wore the heart rate monitor and learned that I had burned about 550 calories just from that work. Anyway, just curious what others think.
    I would be very curious to hear why you think your energy levels might not be as high as you like. Has anything happened that you can think of that would affect it? Have you started eating less/more compared to previous weeks? I never like hearing when someone's energy levels are dropping because very often there is something else at play.

Riv, I am not sure if I am eating less because I am keeping track now or not. I wasn't paying much attention prior to keeping track. I think I am finding myself thinking more about food then I did prior to keeping track which may mean to totally stop keeping track. If that all made sense. Like today I find that I am hungrier than normal before fitday I would just eat something, like nuts. With fitday I suddenly see how much carbs are in nuts and now I hold off....do you catch my drift?
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

peril is offline Senior Member
    Have read that we're not very good at estimating how much we're eating, even using diaries. The tendency is to under estimate consumption, particularly between meals. So fitday should be taken with a grain of salt as far as total values go. Should give you a fair idea of the balance of nutrients.

Too much effort for little return in my book
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Fitday has many inaccuracies in itss database and the algorithm. Dailyburn and nutritiondata.self.com are better choices.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

thanks cillakat!! I may try those.
    ~*Lori*~

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192