Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chipotle meal quality... page

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member

Chipotle meal quality...

Primal Fuel
    So with my new job I've been working a ton and haven't had the chance to cook like I normally have been. I've recently taken to running by Chipotle for lunch. According to them their food quality is a step above the rest, but how do any of you have any objective information regarding their quality?

What I typically have is a steak or chicken bowl:
    Calories Fat Protein Carbs
    Steak
    Guac
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Fajita Vegetables

Totals 580 38.5 43 15

Sorry if the formatting is crazy, I was doing this in excel then did a copy and paste.

What do you all think?

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    What your eating sounds good. As far a chipotles claims about the quality, I don't know. I would think they might have some info on there web site as to were they get their food. I don't know if you have an Elevation Burger in your area or not, but they claim their meat is grass fed and you can get it in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    You can go to their website and it explains how they promote better quality ingredients (natural, organic for some stuff I think, etc) and their handy dandy map will show you based on the state you live in, what level quality of ingredients they serve. For instance, in my area of TX they don't have good quality pork, but I believe chicken and beef is better than normal.

JeffC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skink531 View Post
    What your eating sounds good. As far a chipotles claims about the quality, I don't know. I would think they might have some info on there web site as to were they get their food. I don't know if you have an Elevation Burger in your area or not, but they claim their meat is grass fed and you can get it in a lettuce wrap instead of a bun.
    +1 on Elevation Burger. The original one opened up about 3 blocks from my house in Falls Church but I have only seen them in the Washiington DC area. They claim to have organic pastured Kobe Beef. I don't eat there that often so when I do I usually just get the bun. Some other burger places will serve you the patty on a bed of lettuce which is even better in my view.

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    I guess it depends on your soy stance - I just read on another thread the other day that Chipotle has soy oil in every one of their foods (except the cheese). As someone trying to limit these types of oils, it was a bit off-putting:

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/s...formation.aspx

hazmat is offline Senior Member
    Well that's the end of eating at Chipolte. I pretty much think that unless you eat at home your going to eat something that you don't want to eat.

Yea I checked the site, but they do the whole "well our standards are so high that it's great food!" They don't actually state what their standards are only that they are "naturally" raised. We all know the term natural really has no meaning anymore in marketing. I want to know about their diets, but I don't see any information pertaining to that.

Any chance you can link me to the maps because I don't see them. Either that or maybe I'm just blind *shrug*

goingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Well that's the end of eating at Chipolte. I pretty much think that unless you eat at home your going to eat something that you don't want to eat.
    Hey, I am not saying Chipotle is the worst thing you can eat - they do a pretty good job otherwise. This just takes it out of the running for ME most days since I am iffy about soy. If it doesn't bother you, go for it.

Although, truthfully - eating at home IS the best way to control your ingredients...

Quote Originally Posted by goingprimal View Post
    I guess it depends on your soy stance - I just read on another thread the other day that Chipotle has soy oil in every one of their foods (except the cheese). As someone trying to limit these types of oils, it was a bit off-putting:

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/s...formation.aspx
    Yea they do use soy oil in everything. While it's not optimal I'm just trying to find out if their quality really is much better than eating someplace else. It's kind of a choice of the lesser of many evils.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess this is why we have the 80/20 rule. If there are nothing but bad choices in front of you, you go with the best bad choice you can.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast