Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Chicken McNuggets page

  1. #1
    Moochy's Avatar
    Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    405

    Chicken McNuggets

    My wife loves this "food"! Link


  2. #2
    MeatMe216's Avatar
    MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,563
    I hope thats strawberry softserve...

  3. #3
    Primal's Avatar
    Primal is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    155
    Your wife can rest (somewhat) easy (ier). Chicken McNuggets are made with 100% white meat, not the stuff in that picture.

    http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp

  4. #4
    mayness's Avatar
    mayness is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    1,046
    To be fair, McDonalds chicken nuggets don't have any of this in them anymore. But I guess they did in the past, so she probably has eaten some of it.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

    I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

  5. #5
    croí's Avatar
    croí is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    660
    Did you all know that Chipotle used to be owned by the same people who own McDonald's?!?!?! I wonder how they could go from one extreme to the other based on food preperations.

  6. #6
    kennelmom's Avatar
    kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Upstate of SC
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    Did you all know that Chipotle used to be owned by the same people who own McDonald's?!?!?! I wonder how they could go from one extreme to the other based on food preperations.
    McDonalds was an investor in Chipotle for about a decade. It's not unusual for a large corporation of any kind (food, clothing, etc) to own or invest in high end and low end operations (and everything in between). In this town we have Food Lion and Bloom grocery stores - one is significantly nicer and higher end than the other.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

  7. #7
    kcult's Avatar
    kcult is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    471
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    McDonalds was an investor in Chipotle for about a decade. It's not unusual for a large corporation of any kind (food, clothing, etc) to own or invest in high end and low end operations (and everything in between). In this town we have Food Lion and Bloom grocery stores - one is significantly nicer and higher end than the other.
    In this town Food Lion is the nicer store.

  8. #8
    Dryden's Avatar
    Dryden is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, OH
    Posts
    58
    McDonalds does not use this stuff in their McNuggets anymore, and have not for a number of years. This is what you will find in typical discount chicken patties and nuggets though, such as the Banquet brand.

  9. #9
    Moochy's Avatar
    Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    405
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Your wife can rest (somewhat) easy (ier). Chicken McNuggets are made with 100% white meat, not the stuff in that picture.

    http://www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
    hmmm, are you sure they are ok to eat, here is a video of my wife's last purchase 0.o

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •