Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone like Dexter (TV show)? page

JEL62 is offline Senior Member

Anyone like Dexter (TV show)?

Primal Fuel
    This had become one of my favorite TV shows over the last several years but I was disheartened last season when he didn't slice and dice so much as he did previously. I had all but given up on it but this season actually looks promising. Anyone else like this show?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I like it. Just catching up on the last two eps right now actually. We basically only watch this, and Burn Notice.

JamieRose is offline Member
    LOVE Dexter! Just got caught up, I love little Harrison <3

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I really like the show, but they've obviously had a really hard time extending it past the first two seasons. I have a feeling it will end up canceled early or do a Lost.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Love it love it. I think I preferred the first season when there was more sociopathic commentary -like when he's at a funeral and his voiceover is explaining how he has to go through the motions of appearing to express situation-appropriate emotions...some of that was good for laughs.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Love it love it. I think I preferred the first season when there was more sociopathic commentary -like when he's at a funeral and his voiceover is explaining how he has to go through the motions of appearing to express situation-appropriate emotions...some of that was good for laughs.
    Exactly, they turned what is supposed to be a sociopath into just a regular guy who needs to kill people. You can't learn how to feel emotions, just how to fake them. Instead, they've tried to make him learn how to feel sadness and loss and all that.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

JamieRose is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    You should read the books- you get a ton of that hilarious commentary.

I have to say I was kinda pleased when Dexter's wife Rita got the axe last season. Christ she annoyed me.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I duuno, my take has always been that his dad was a bit quick to assume he was 100% sociopathic, didn't feel anything, could never have any semblance of normal life or relationships, could never grow or heal or develop, etc. And because he was raised with that assumption, Dexter has been assuming it too.

Not that he has any skills on that front, but people do matter to him.

This is why axing Rita was an interesting turn because Dexter was just about to finish concluding that maybe his life could be relatively happy and normal. More of a vigilante than a desperate killer. Maybe that would've been convenient and nice for the character, but it would be boring for us as the audience.

I guess what I'm saying is, part of what makes the character interesting is the subtle growth and development he does reveal. A true consistent sociopath would be too monotonous.

Of course the other part of the show that's entertaining is the dark, smug humor of it and the general social awkwardness. I'm so glad they shipped the kids away, frankly.

Personally I think Season 2 of Dexter was the best so far.

But then again, I'm still fuming over Firefly getting canceled after all these years so maybe I'm not the best judge of shows.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast