Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squash - a good primal sport? page

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member

Squash - a good primal sport?

Primal Fuel
    I have just taken up squash now the nights are drawing in. Does anyone else play? Seems a pretty good sport from the primal aspect - lot of short sprints etc

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Seems a little high intensity. Probably no more than weekly.

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Yeah possible not great for the joints in general too but I think it will be under an hour a week. It is enjoyable so it gets a big mental + from me

davidy48 is offline Junior Member
    I've been playing for more years than I care to remember and think it's great way to get the sprinting part of PB done - after all you're chasing something you want to catch ! Just be careful you don't overdo it though - it's better to get fit to play squash than the other way round - injuries can come if you push it too hard. But more power to your elbow, keep it up !

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    What a fantastic idea. I'd forgotten about squash! I think PB'd-up joints will be fine. No inflammation from lectins, plenty of Omega-3's, etc.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I love it. Once a week for half an hour and you're all sprinted out, plus you've chased something moving for half an hour. Then there's the intense competition. Seems pretty primal to me.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Ah, racquet ball, hand ball, and squash. They were my 'serious' sports to play back in the day. I miss it. Just gave my gear to a grandson. Kept it for so many years in a small bag hoping for a new day.

Over the years I had damaged my knees a few times. The ultimate damage to the knee that all but renders me useless now was done while playing squash. I always liked to joke, so I sent a letter to Puma telling them how I liked their shoes---really gripped the ground. For proof I added a picture of my red and swollen knee with the explanation that when my upper body turned, the lower leg remained stable, thanks to my Puma shoes.

I always used those silky Puma running shoes for everything. The "original" almost barefoot shoe.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    yees I play squash. I love it.

Don't find that IF'ing and squash work well together though. my stamina is fine but mentality agility and hand eye co-ordination are poorer...

lots of lunging and sprinting...it's good stuff...i only play once a week though as I find it difficult to get a partner!

s
    x
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

amberlee is offline Senior Member
    Great sport -- great way to sprint without thinking about it.

i agree its hard on the joints but its loads of fun esp if u r competitive...

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I play its west coast american cousin racquetball weekly and I love it. Stick it in the "play" category and forget about its primalness. Let it motivate you to lift heavy and sprint because those things have hugely helped my game. Since going primal it hasn't hurt my joints at all, and it really used to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast