Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have lost 65 pounds but now need help! page

Have lost 65 pounds but now need help!

Hi everyone,

I weighed 233 in Feb. of this year. I was a size 20! I was very sick. I was prediabetic, high blood pressure, fibromyalgia, my c-reactive protein was extremely high, I was terribly inflammed, I had pcos, and felt terrible. I started removing foods from my diet to see what was making me so sick.

I had already removed gluten and dairy and soy. I have celiac disease and am allergic to dairy and soy. I started my new plan by eating 4 times a day. My blood sugar was extremely unstable. I would go high and then bottom out. I cut back on grains at first and totally cut out all processed food.
    I ate meat, veggies, quinoa, brown rice, sweet potatoes, and fat. I lost about 12 pound in 3 weeks.
    Not that great for how big I was. I was still hurting terribly. My joints and feet hurt all the time.
    I picked up a copy of the Paleo diet and stopped eating grains. The weight fell off! But my carbs were to low and I felt dizzy alot. I added in fruit and that helped. I would eat sweet potato chips every once in a while. I lost 65 pounds in 5 months!

I look totally different. But my diet is so limited because of my food allergies. I don't tolerate nuts well or nightshade vegetables which really limits me. No tomato, bellpepper, eggplant, paprika, jalepenos, ect.... The nightshades make me very sick.

My weight loss has slowed down and now came to a complete halt! So, I added in beans, corn thins, or corn tortillas here and there but no more weight loss. My carb count is still around 100 grams.
    I cant imagine going back to only meat, veggies, and fat. Any suggestions.

I have 20 more pounds to go.
    Thanks!

I wanted to add that I had MAJOR hairloss and that is why I felt that I should up the carbs.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Check your entire diet, especially caloric intake. You are possibly at a maintenance level now and need to reduce your calories some. That's one thing to check.

Thanks John! I'm 5'5 1/2 and pretty musclular. I weigh 168-170 now. Does 1500 cal. sound too high?

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    I would lower the carb counts, and that does not mean you have to take out fruit. I eat berries or half an apple through out the week, and I keep my carbs at 50 per day. You also probably need to make sure you have adjusted your caloric intake to meet your new weight as well. If I were you.......and I hope to be you in about another 40 pounds, I would take it back to basics, meat, good fat, veg (mostly greens) and some fruits (mostly berries)
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Thanks Redflame, that is what I was thinking I needed to do.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    If you are pretty muscular and very active, then that might be a little low actually. You might eat at around 2000 for a few weeks, keep your carbs between 50-100, lot of fat, moderate protein around 120g, and see how you do. The main thing is to give it at least 2-3 weeks to see if you notice changes.

Thanks John, I really appreciate the help and encouragement!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    1500 cals seems about right based on those figures
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    If you are pretty muscular and very active, then that might be a little low actually. You might eat at around 2000 for a few weeks, keep your carbs between 50-100, lot of fat, moderate protein around 120g, and see how you do. The main thing is to give it at least 2-3 weeks to see if you notice changes.
    +1.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast