Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So sick of salad page

brooki is offline Member

Unhappy So sick of salad

Primal Fuel
    I am just wondering if anyone has any lunch ideas? I am so sick of salad, I have tried all different kinds lately and tried different meats, veges, oils, fats and I am just over it......I need a salad break. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes? I have avoided lunch over the last few days and just ate some strawberries because I can't stomach anymore raw vegetables.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    firstly hello in kiwiland (Auckland no less - im an ex-Howick boy) from a kiwi in Oz ...
    i had a dozen prawns chopped up in half an avocado with a squeeze of lemon on top ..... one idea!

brooki is offline Member
    Thanks, thats a really good idea. I think sometimes I make it more complicated than it needs to be. I'm in the Howick area and am originally from Australia. ha ha

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    are u serious ... i grew up in a house on botany road .. when i was a kid across the road was a farm and four doors down was another farm .. all different now ... what took u to NZ ? enjoy it ?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Summer is coming down your way, enjoy grilled veggies. Brush eggplant, zucchini, peppers with olive oil infused with mashed garlic and fresh herbs. I like oregano or basil.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Lol I can never be arsed making salads myself, so I only eat them when served to me. I just bring stews, frittatas, stir fries or any other regular "evening meals" in an airtight container for lunch, and I still feel I eat lots of veggies.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah I hear you. sometimes I just think no not a salad.... and then I think gawd, what now....

If I'm organised, I'll make a frittata and have that for my lunches... you could try that... my fave is smoked chicken and kumara (with heaps of cream) and a nice relish on the side to add some flavour.

peril is offline Senior Member
    So eat something different. Really, its not hard
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

TriGirl is offline Member
    I always make enough dinner to bring to work the next day. We have a microwave oven but I actually rarely use it since most dishes taste just as great cold...

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    God yes, I through waves of eating salad. I love it for a week or so and then hate it just as passionately. Being a single cave man I just get some lunch meat, cheese, tomato and go to town. I roll it up and dip in mustard. Great lunch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast