Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So sick of salad page 3

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I like to steam some broccoli, throw some chicken in it, add some olive oil, garlic, and vinegar, and eat that for lunch. Really tasty,
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

*1 whole chopped up avocado with ~ a can of herring flaked on top ~ or chopped up fried bacon (lots!) ~ or Leftover chicken meat ~

Don't forget to top with a handful of crushed roasted walnuts. Avocado + walnuts = heaven!

*Also roast up a bunch of chicken legs/wings with lots of spices and just heat them up over the week to munch on.

*Lunchtime burrito - make up some chili mexicany beefy thing with mince, tomato paste, chopped veggies. Then make a thin omlette from 2 eggs, and then wrap the minced beef in the egg like a burrito. Avocado also tastes good stuffed inside.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I like my crustless quiche/fritata crossover thingy I make - 4 eggs, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1/2 cup heavy or sour cream. Whisk until foamy. Toss in whatever meat, veggies, spices and cheese and pour into a baking dish (or muffin pan). Bake at 400 until medium golden brown on top.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    You guys really get sick of salads? I have been enjoying 1 every day since I went primal 6 months ago. Out of the 200 days I have been primal I have probably enjoyed 180 salads... will I do this for life? Probably not... lol
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Even before going primal I ate salads like 4-5 times a week. I kind of got burned out of them a few months ago.

My go-to lunch now is either meatloaf with a bit of yam and some guacamole, or like a meat sauce with ground beef and tomato sauce, some spices, peppers, etc. They're just so easy to make, sometimes I even whip up a batch of the meat sauce in the morning while making the kids a lunch.

The meatloaf especially, is just so easy. Mix up ground beef, an egg, garlic, salt & pepper, bit of worcestershire sauce, and huck into a small pan and pop it in the oven at 350 for an hour and 15 mins or so. I can prep one in under 5 minutes easy.

Plus it's mostly meat, which is way awesomer than vegetables.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by AnarchoGrok View Post
    God yes, I through waves of eating salad. I love it for a week or so and then hate it just as passionately. Being a single cave man I just get some lunch meat, cheese, tomato and go to town. I roll it up and dip in mustard. Great lunch.

Hope you check the ingredients. What we term 'lunch(eon) meat' over here is chock-full of added nasties. From one supermarket's own brand

Pork (49%), Cured Smoked Pork (39%) (Pork, Salt, Stabiliser: Sodium Triphosphate; Preservative: Sodium Nitrite; Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate), Water, Breadcrumbs (Wheat Flour, Yeast; Salt), Salt, Milk Protein (from Cows' Milk), Wheat Protein, Spice Extracts, Stabiliser: Sodium Triphosphate; Emulsifiers: Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum; Preservative: Sodium Nitrite; Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate

YUMMO - NOT!

Our mustard is also made with either rapeseed, veggie or sunflower oil - and many brands also contain sugar, salt, flour and citric acid.

French's isn't too bad (that's the only US brand we get over here). No added flour, salt or sugar, but it does say 'spirit vinegar' (whatever that means)

But I'm sure everything's so much better where you are (at least I hope so!)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Violet - that would be real cheepo lunch meat, like the $1 pack of bologna. You can get good thin sliced deli meat here.

@ Toad - i'm with ya! I'm lucky, in a way, that i can eat the same thing over and over & not get tired of it. Maybe this dates back to poor college student days? Hunger is the best sauce, & maybe that helps too. But I actually look forward to my bigass salad w/ chicken or beef strips every weekday lunch! Every Sunday, I put together a big marinade of vegetables (plus a chopped jalapeno!) in olive oil + lime juice + a little seasoned salt & that makes up the bulk of my salad + spinach + meat & it's just yummy.

I think before i gave up grains n beans, for 2 entire summers (& in houston, that's a pretty long time), i ate homemade tabouli & hummus every day for lunch! (in retrospect, no wonder i could never get rid of that "bloaty" feeling). Anyway, I'm finding out that my husband doesn't have the same kind of tolerance for repeitive lunches that i do!

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    My lunches are almost always leftovers. Steak, sweet potatoes, an extra cut of fish, whatever I had the night or two nights ago, reheated. Sometimes I do a breakfast scramble with eggs, onions, peppers, bacon, sausage, etc and I'll make about 4-5 servings at once. Can change the flavor profile just enough by using hot sauce, sour cream, cheese, etc. My salads usually come at dinner time when i have more time to prep, but even then I'm only having 2-3 BAS a week, certainly not every day

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Another hello from NZ. I'm in Pakuranga, but originally from the UK

I've been trying all sorts of different salads and veggies over the past few months, cooked and raw, roasted, steamed, boiled, grilled, mashed (kumara, broccoli, cauliflower, swede, beetroot, etc.) and one stands out that we end up eating big plates of several nights a week... Kale is king!

Eat it raw, saute in olive or coconut oil, make creamed kale with full cream or coconut milk/cream, black pepper or chilli flakes. Add to soups, stews, omelettes, it's all good!

Throw in some other veggies of choice, nuts, some slice pears whatever. It goes with everything
    The only place I've found it so far are the organic food shops, huckleberry farm (GI and Greenlane) and one at the bottom of parnell, can't remember the name.

Summer's finally here, so just whack everthing on the barbie in the evening, cook extra and have leftovers for lunch!

Misabi>> Oh thanks for the info regarding where to buy kale! I've really been wanting to make some kale chips, but couldn't find it anywhere

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast