Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So sick of salad page 2

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I often throw vegetables into the frying pan along with meat/ eggs/ liver. Mushrooms and purple sprouting broccoli are a good combination; finely chopped kale is good, too, and absorbs juices beautifully.

And there are stews and soups... hm, not quite the season for those for you, though. Smoothies, then.

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Leftovers are my lunch, mostly. If there are no leftovers, it can be just coffee with cream. Sometimes, I'll just eat a can of salmon. Others, I may fry some eggs sunny side up and throw on some cheddar and bell pepper.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    So eat something different. Really, its not hard
    Exactly. I eat salad a few times a week as a side dish to whatever else I'm eating. I don't think I could eat it as a main dish every day. My lunches are usually leftovers or some sort of stir fry of meat (usually chicken) + veggies + spices. There are nearly endless combinations of veggies and spices.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a big fan of salads either. I'm usually on the road for lunches so I throw something together that I can eat and drive at the same time. Usually it a wrap of some sort, yesterday's was some left over chicken, half an avocado and half a tomato wrapped with 3 romaine leaves. If I know I will be somewhere where I can eat with both hands I bring warm leftovers in a thermos

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Definitely try that great spinach and coconut flour "bread" that's been posted here a few times. No more difficult than making pancakes from scratch and voila...you're back to eating sandwiches whenever you want!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Seconded re: stir fry. Lots of variety possible, with or without meat... Different sauces... Might do the trick to help you mix it up a little (so to speak!)

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    grill meat+steam veggies+wash fruit

mhoward is offline Member
    Just for the record, I almost never eat salads. Think optimal foraging theory; at what point did humans sit around eating bowls of greens that don't have any calories.

+1 to the advice here. Dinner foods in tupperware (ideally glass bowls instead of all plastic). I make a bit extra every night and put the remainder in a lunch container. I may also through in a container of greek yogurt if the lunch is a little light on calories or protein.

Worst case, I grab a couple of vegetarian (blech) but gluten free microwave enchiladas and bring those.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    I do go through the "can't eat another salad" mood quite regularly. Today I think I will order a BLT sandwich without the bread. Mayo on the side for putting on the tomatoes.
    I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    I'm sick of salads too... especially 'cause none of that stuff is in season here anymore, so it's just not the same... i've been making a huge pot of this every week.. filling & delicious!

1lb ground beef
    1lb of stewing beef
    1 large can of diced tomatoes
    mushrooms
    a pepper (whatever colour you prefer, I use red/orange/yellow)
    onion
    crushed clove (or 2) of garlic
    Italian Seasoning

That's it.. it makes an easy, super thick & filling soup. Delicious!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast