Thread: Baker's Chocolate? page

alydar is offline Member

Baker's Chocolate?

Shop Now
    I've read that some eat 80% or higher chocolate but my rinky-dink grocery store doesn't carry that. They do however have unsweetened Baker's chocolate. Ingredients list says: chocolate. Does anyone know if this would be acceptable? There is definitely no sugar threat for sure! LOL

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely.

alydar is offline Member
    Sweet! uh...I mean, great!

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    It is certainly acceptable but it will be bitter as all hell. You don't want to go eating 100% pure chocolate. You could make things with it but a sweetner would be needed. Go ahead and give it a try you may like it but I personally don't know anyone who does.
    "Live Free or Die"

jasonph is offline Senior Member
    yeah, i eat it....give it a couple weeks of primal/paleo and then it'll taste decent, maybe.

also, i sautee bananas and mix that up with a melted square of the stuff, then freeze it. pretty good

alydar is offline Member
    Actually, I do like it. My mother keeps some in her pantry and since dropping sugar out of my diet my taste buds have adjusted and I really can enjoy a piece of unsweetend chocolate. She and I have both found that if we eat something sweet it makes us want more. But eating the unsweetened chocolate satisfies. Win!

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alydar View Post
    Actually, I do like it. My mother keeps some in her pantry and since dropping sugar out of my diet my taste buds have adjusted and I really can enjoy a piece of unsweetend chocolate. She and I have both found that if we eat something sweet it makes us want more. But eating the unsweetened chocolate satisfies. Win!

You should be all set then.
    "Live Free or Die"

Kait is offline Junior Member
    I love unsweetened Bakers chocolate with almond butter. Such a great treat :]

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    I use Baker's chocolate sometimes, usually melted and mixed with stuff, and made into bars. Some combination of almond flour, various nuts, dried fruit, rum, and coconut oil.

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member
    Ah! Also coconut milk hot chocolate. I still need to experiment with that one, just made it the once.