Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Coconut butter page

  1. #1
    dromos's Avatar
    dromos is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    42

    Coconut butter

    Is my new favorite food. I've just been eating it straight out of the jar and occasionally will melt it on salmon, which is amazing BTW.

    Any suggestions for other uses?

  2. #2
    Alan M's Avatar
    Alan M is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Atlantic Beach, FL
    Posts
    121
    Pretty much anything you used peanut butter for can be replaced with coconut butter.

  3. #3
    MalPaz's Avatar
    MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,790
    go through 2 jars a week..... need to stop lol

    you can make it by putting dess coconut in the food procerssor and letting it go until it makes coconut butter...$$ saver in most places

  4. #4
    betty74's Avatar
    betty74 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    398
    cooked a sliced apple in coconut oil with apple pie spice and then drizzle coconut cream on top. Yummy

  5. #5
    rev's Avatar
    rev
    rev is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    I can't buy the stuff anymore. I'll eat the whole jar in two days.

  6. #6
    Adrianag's Avatar
    Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,801
    Oh yum!

  7. #7
    MalPaz's Avatar
    MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    2,790
    Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    I can't buy the stuff anymore. I'll eat the whole jar in two days.
    same haha im trying to not buy it and see how i change up my food... i need more variety and coconut butter is not helping cuz ill just eat half a jar and be done with food lol

  8. #8
    lizch's Avatar
    lizch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Redmond WA
    Posts
    1,542
    Stupid question....is coconut butter the same as coconut oil?
    Liz.

    Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

  9. #9
    yodiewan's Avatar
    yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,521
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Stupid question....is coconut butter the same as coconut oil?
    Not a stupid question! They are different. Coconut butter is simply dried coconut that has been ground to a very fine consistency. It has coconut oil in it, mixed with the "meat" so it's mostly fat, but some carbs, fiber and other stuff too. Coconut oil is made from dried coconut (sometimes at least) but it has the meat removed and is pure fat (macronutrient-wise). I think Nutiva calls their coconut butter coconut manna.

  10. #10
    lizch's Avatar
    lizch is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Redmond WA
    Posts
    1,542
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Not a stupid question! They are different. Coconut butter is simply dried coconut that has been ground to a very fine consistency. It has coconut oil in it, mixed with the "meat" so it's mostly fat, but some carbs, fiber and other stuff too. Coconut oil is made from dried coconut (sometimes at least) but it has the meat removed and is pure fat (macronutrient-wise). I think Nutiva calls their coconut butter coconut manna.
    Oh thank you! I'll keep my eyes open for it. I just can't get used to the consistency of coconut oil...maybe I'll like the butter more.
    Liz.

    Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •