Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal PCOS'ers? page

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member

Primal PCOS'ers?

Primal Fuel
    Just curious if there are any PCOS'ers having success with PB and what your success has been(weight loss, reduced symptoms, etc)

Do you eat dairy at all?
    Do you ever fast?

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    hiya

i'm not strict, i'm more like 70/30 but i very rarely have grains. so far there has been weight loss and a reduction in symptoms. nothing overly dramatic but it makes me happy, i once went months with little to no appetite and i was still gaining

i don't formally fast, i just eat when hungry and that can sometimes be huors and hours after waking

and i've cut down on dairy, i still have whipping cream and cheese

NDF
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    and i've cut down on dairy, i still have whipping cream and cheese
    do you eat cottage cheese at all?
    I do better without it, but kicking the cottage cheese is going to be hard.

spakesneaker is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of us.

I've had some weight loss but more importantly reduced torso fat... belly, love handles, back fat, even sideboob lol.

I haven't gone dairy free but I have heard of dairy's unusual effect on insulin... I may try it sometime. I stopped drinking milk a while ago but would drink raw milk if I got my hands on some. I'm not a huge fan of cheese, so it was weird when I got a craving for pepper jack a few weeks ago, but it only lasted for a day or so. I used to *love* string cheese but it just tastes like shit now, and makes me feel a little woozy... I've also felt like that before after eating too much overprocessed cheese and drinking low-fat overprocessed milk in one sitting. I think quality of dairy matters a lot too.

I cook with butter but right now more with ghee. I love yogurt. Full-fat yogurt fermented at home was a regular part of my diet growing up... it's the way to end a meal in my culture. My mother also used to cook with ghee before she thought that we all needed to lose weight, hehe. If I had to give up dairy the only things I would really miss are yogurt and ghee, which is interesting given that those are the dairy forms 'my people' have eaten most throughout history probably, and that I grew up on (well and milk, but it was fresh milk delivered by the milkman every morning). OH and we also drink buttermilk, watered down with some lime or lemon juice, for the digestive benefits, but I wouldn't really miss that haha. It is a great cure for stomach upset though.

I only eat two meals a day because of my work schedule, but the time in between is usually not more than 10 hours so I don't really consider it a fast. I may try IFing in the future once I've settled into primal. I wouldn't recommend doing it until your body is adapted. And probably not during your period... I've noticed that I need more sleep and more food during my period now.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    do you eat cottage cheese at all?
    I do better without it, but kicking the cottage cheese is going to be hard.
    sure, not all the time but when the mood strikes. i've been phasing most dairy products out instead of dropping them all at one go, when i want something i'll usually get it and then a few weeks might go by til i want it again

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I have PCOS and the only dairy I have is butter and heavy cream or half and half, once in a while I will have cheese. I go through phases with cottage cheese but I haven't had any in 5 weeks or so. I have lost about 15lbs in 5 weeks. My inflammation has gone down since about 3 weeks in. I actually had my first period without the help of meds in months. It has been great being Primal. Lots of benefits for me so far.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

NDF
    Quote Originally Posted by momofredheads View Post
    I have PCOS and the only dairy I have is butter and heavy cream or half and half, once in a while I will have cheese. I go through phases with cottage cheese but I haven't had any in 5 weeks or so. I have lost about 15lbs in 5 weeks. My inflammation has gone down since about 3 weeks in. I actually had my first period without the help of meds in months. It has been great being Primal. Lots of benefits for me so far.
    Wow this is great!

I had heard that anti-inflammatory nutrition plans (like PB) are beneficial for PCOS women who aren't suffering from IR. I don't have IR. My doctor doesn't want to perscribe Metformin -he just keeps shoving BC in my face. No thank you.

Last week I eliminated cottage cheese from my diet by replaced it with Greek Yogurt lol. At least the Greek Yogurt doesn't have additives like the CC did. But still, I'm thinking I should try eliminating dairy from my diet and see if I have any improvements in my PCOS.

Anyway, its great that PB is working well for you.

muaythaiNEZ:) is offline Junior Member
    Hey! Hearing you had your cycle back is like music to my ears lol! How did you manage it?

My am slim and worried about loosing weight as it will effect me getting my cycle back and dropped the exercise as was exercising far too much!!

Love reading stuff from fellow PCOS'ers

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how I got my cycle back I was quite surprised because I have read others took months before it happened. So I wasn't expecting much and boom it happened. I took 3 rounds of chlomid over the summer months with no success of pregnancy and prior to the chlomid I had no cycle for over 8 months. I had to take provera before 2 of the rounds of chlomid and the 3rd round the AF came. But I haven't had the Chlomid since July so getting AF in Octoberr was a huge surprise and a relief, lets see if it comes regularly now.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Britters is offline Junior Member
    I have noticed reduced symptoms, less cramping, not as erratic, not as heavy by far, and the discoloration of skin has been greatly reduced. I'm 3 months in on the PB way of life, and I'm LOVING the results. I decided to go ultra low carb, under 25g per day, partially to boost the results simply for the PCOS, and I haven't felt this great since I was a teenager.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast