Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Primal PCOS'ers? page 8

Rae
    Rae is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm sorry but I think whatever posts this grizz is putting up sounds a lot like an advertisement and no one wants to read that. I am enjoying the comraderie expressed on this thread and I can feel like I am not alone. Skip the soapbox please.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    Just curious if there are any PCOS'ers having success with PB and what your success has been(weight loss, reduced symptoms, etc)

Do you eat dairy at all?
    Do you ever fast?
    I have PCOS and major hirsutism. I've lost 100 lbs on the Primal blueprint. I most certainly eat dairy... cheese mostly but some milk and cream. I do fast sometimes, as the mood strikes me. As for my symptoms, I actually HAVE a period now. I didn't before... this is annoying but probably a marker for good health. XD No effect on the hair, that's likely permanent by now. Good luck!

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I'm sorry but I think whatever posts this grizz is putting up sounds a lot like an advertisement and no one wants to read that. I am enjoying the comraderie expressed on this thread and I can feel like I am not alone. Skip the soapbox please.
    Yes, Grizz has been on the forum off and on for quite a few years. He comes and tells everyone to take iodine (he thinks it's a cure for pretty much every ailment) or do other odd dietary stuff, and then leaves, only to return again a few months later. I really can't tell if he's trying to sell iodine or if he honestly thinks he's helping people...

Rae
    Rae is offline Junior Member
    I was wondering if anyone with insulin problems related to PCOS have a sort of rxn to very rich sugary food like candy bars. I do not eat most chocolate bc even the smallest amount like a Hershey kiss, makes me feel nearly sick and I get an overwhelming desire for something salty to counteract it. I have not been tested for any IR yet and was curious if anyone here has that rxn. I'm not saying the two are related but its pretty weird.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Here is more on PCOS:

PCOS Cured by Iodine
    ===================
    My daughter has PCOS. Please take a look at the curezone Iodine forum. She started taking iodine in July (Lugol's solution)-- 50 milligrams a day. By October, her menstrual cycle resumed. She had not had a cycle in a year--and before that she was quite irregular. She'd been to a naturopathic doctor, ate a very healthy diet, but it seemed she was lacking iodine--and that has made a tremendous difference.
    Good luck to you!
    Re: please anyone with advice!!!!!!! at PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (MessageID: 1051323)
    Re: please anyone with advice!!!!!!! at PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, message 1051323

Cured
    =========================
    I received a call from my "holistic" gynecologist a few minutes ago. I couldn't wait to share. A few weeks ago, I reported to you all that my multiple ovarian cysts (as per 6 years of ultrasounds) are gone since using Iodoral, and now today, the doc called to tell me that my biggest fibroid is gone as well. I had 3 fibroids, 2 small and 1 large and the large one is GONE!! I am so psyched!!"

I started Iodoral 3 months ago. In the last 5 years, my ovaries have been closely followed by ultrasound since my mother died from ovarian cancer at age 62. She was diagnosed at 55. I am 47. All of my ultrasounds in the last 5 years showed mutiple ovarian cysts. Last week I had another ultrasound (the first since starting Iodoral) The ovarian cysts are insignificant enough that the radiologist didn't even mention them in the "impression". I checked with the doctor to be sure. She said it's as if you have no cysts on your ovaries now. I find this quite interesting because in 2002, I was put on Lithium which I now understand "strips" the body's iodine and I was on it for 4 years. I didn't do a loading test prior to starting Iodoral, but my patch/skin test was gone in 3 hours. I just thought you folks might like to know about this finding.
    Re: Iodine And Ovarian Cysts at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team (MessageID: 963491)
    Re: Iodine And Ovarian Cysts at Iodine Supplementation Support by VWT Team, message 963491

Cured: mom5booklover
    =============================
    I cured my PCOS by taking iodine. There is lots of research on how iodine deficiency can cause PCOS. I also IF but that is more recent I started taking iodine a few years back and haven't had any cysts since. The fasting started only a few months ago so I am pretty sure it was the iodine addition that helped me most. I take lugols only because it is the most convenient way for me since I hate sea food and sea weed. I also have hyperthyroid so I take quite a bit of the iodine to keep that under wraps. You might try taking in more sea food or sea weed if you like it.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post956344

More Comments: mom5booklover
    ==================================
    Oh believe me I have been reading all of the posts on both of the Iodine threads. I was scared off a bit too but knew intuitively that I need iodine no matter what after seeing such huge improvements when I had started supplementing a few years back. I read all of James posts, Paleobirds, and Grizz's. After reading all the good and the bad stuff on iodine I decided to expirement. I believe there was some really good info from all sides so I went from my (then) 50mg per day dose (for probably a year) down to 25 mg then 12mg and then down to 3 mg per day. After going below 25 mg I very quickly felt the effects of going too low in both my thyroid and my menstral cycle but thought maybe to let it run its coarse for a while. As my cycle started going back to the PCOS days and was very light (almost non-existent)with painful cramping and spotting mid-month(3 cycles now). My goiter started getting larger again so I have been slowly going back up and am currently sitting back at 12.5 mg per day. I am still feeling symptoms but am hoping they will go in time. I would like to stay at 12.5 mg per day but will go up to 25mg if necessary. As that was when I noticed the symptoms coming back when I dropped below 25mg. No cysts as far as I can tell right now but I have an appt tomorrow to make sure. I believe what James was posting on how too much iodine is just excreted so we don't need to over do it...........But I also believe after my n=1 that I am deficient and that is one of the things that have caused both my PCOS and my thyroid issues. I will probably stay at 12.5 mg for at least 6 months or so then see what happens at that point.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post956414

Dr. Flechas
    ==================================
    “Iodine deficiency may cause the ovaries to develop cysts, nodules and scar tissue. At its worse this ovarian pathology is very similar to that of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). As of the writing of
    this article I have five PCOS patients. The patients have successfully been brought under control with the use of 50 mg of iodine per day. Control with these patients meaning cysts are gone, periods every 28 days and type 2 diabetes mellitus under control. Dr. Flechas
    orthoflechas

More testimonials, many from here at MDA,
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

PS) I have nothing to sell, if you have PCOS, Fibrocystic Breasts, Hypothyroid or Uterus problems, then I suggest you research iodine supplements. Lugols or iodoral. Every cell in the human body requires iodine, ESPECIALLY the female organs.
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Research Reports on Ovaries:
    http://iodineresearch.com/ovaries.html

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Doctors discuss PCOS caused by iodine deficiency
    ===========================================
    Cysts form in the body when there is an iodine deficiency! Many of us women on the VWT forum have also reported no more fibroCYSTic breast disease. It's not just the thyroid that must have iodine, but the whole body! The thyroid and breast actually compete for any iodine that comes into the body; I believe the ovaries come next, followed by the skin, which holds 20% of the body's need for iodine.

Please, start listening, and then I can guarantee you you will WANT to read more!
    Iodine Dr Flechas Dr Stan Two Hour uploaded to CureZone by unyquity On CureZone Image Gallery
    Re: Interstitial Cystitis and Polycystic Overian Syndrowme help at Ask Trapper, message 1242772

Best to all,
    Grizz

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    And then there are women like me who stop being symptomatic after taking on a diet free of wheat and fake fats

I keep saying that over and over again

If their cysts go away and they can get pregnant and stay pregnant just by taking a pill then that's great but that won't work with me so I can say with all sincerity that it takes more than pumping up on iodine to treat pcos

If I had just taken iodine while keeping my clean diet I'd still have zero periods. I'd still have body hair. I'd still have miscarried. You have. To change. The diet.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    I was wondering if anyone with insulin problems related to PCOS have a sort of rxn to very rich sugary food like candy bars. I do not eat most chocolate bc even the smallest amount like a Hershey kiss, makes me feel nearly sick and I get an overwhelming desire for something salty to counteract it. I have not been tested for any IR yet and was curious if anyone here has that rxn. I'm not saying the two are related but its pretty weird.
    I'm not sure what RXN is but I've never had a reaction like that. But I don't react obviously to wheat either. It just doesn't mean much with me, unfortunately.

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    I think rxn=reaction?

I've never had that kind of reaction to sugary stuff. If I eat too much of it, sure I'll feel bad, but that could be said for anything you eat too much of.
    I don't get any kind of obvious reaction when I eat something bad. At least nothing that I've noticed.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't have that kind if reaction, but I do know that I will begin to crave more sweets.

My update with PCOS and endometriosis is that in the beginning of the year I was treated for H Pylori in my gut plus found out that I can't have a crumb of gluten. I was on birth control pills to reduce pain of endometriosis. It had helped some, but not completely. I noticed about 2 weeks after being treated for H Pylori, plus being super super careful not to be exposed to gluten the pain had gone completely!

I decided a month and a half ago to go off bcp to try to get to the root hormone issue. I am already being treated for high cortisol, but I suspect that I've had low progesterone from the beginning.

I'm charting my temps and my first cycle looked great. I'm not sure how this cycle is going yet.

The downside of this experiment is that I've gained 6 lbs and almost 2 inches on my hips. ( it's not about calories in & out. I am eating very well and primal.) My acne is trying to come back, but under control right now. Hormones are such powerful things. So this is where I am at in my journey.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast