Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal PCOS'ers? page 7

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Believe it or not, studies have shown that iodine deficiency is likely a cause of PCOS. Its been proven that low iodine levels cause ovarian cysts (PCOS), insulin resistance, and hypothyroidism (often misdiagnosed as insulin resistance) AND multiple miscarriages!!
    “Iodine deficiency may cause the ovaries to develop cysts , nodules and scar tissue. At its worse this ovarian pathology is very similar to that of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). As of the writing of this article I have five PCOS patients. The patients have successfully been brought under control with the use of 50 mg of iodine per day. Control with these patients meaning cysts are gone, periods every 28 days and type 2 diabetes mellitus under control” (IODINE: Orthoiodo Supplementation in a Primary Care Practice)
    "The majority of Americans are quite deficient in a number of vitamins and minerals due to the processed food we consume.
    PCOS cannot be cured, but the possibility of controlling it, long term, simply by supplementing a mineral most have never considered supplementing is quite exciting!
    Low levels of iodine mean your thyroid isn’t functioning properly. The thyroid helps balance hormones, regulate heartbeats, stabilize cholesterol, maintain weight control, encourage muscle growth, keep menstrual cycles regular, provide energy, and even helps you keep a positive mental attitude."
    Iodine deficiency — Cause of PCOS? | PCOSInfo
    Confirmed by the Iodine Testimonials - PCOS:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

NO ONE is going to finance a double blind study of a natural supplement to prove anything. All we have are testimonials and experience using the supplement. Vitamin & Mineral supplements reverse a lot of health ailments.

More reports:
    Iodine Deficiency and PCOS
    This MD has cured PCOS w/Iodine Supplementation! at PCOS: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, message 1229399

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-03-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Aldergirl is offline Senior Member
    I also have PCOS, though mine is “asymptomatic” (I’ve always been a consistent weight, no acne, no hirsutism etc). Cysts in my ovary were found last July when they did an ultrasound because of an early miscarriage.

My periods consistently got better as I became more Primal. Cutting out all but sprouted grains and the occasional treat at work got rid of my cramps and period-related fatigue, and regulated my cycle from 18-28 days (I never knew when my period would start) to 25-28 days. When I found out I had PCOS, I cut out all gluten, and my cycle became consistently 27-28 days, and my period went from 7 days of bleeding to 3-5, which was amazingly wonderful! I’m now 38 weeks pregnant.

I didn’t know dairy affected PCOS, so I never cut it out. I actually increased it to fill the gap left by taking out gluten. I wonder if my PCOS contributed to my nausea and fatigue/dizziness during this pregnancy. Hmmm, never thought to look into it! I will now!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Dairy doesn't bother me, gluten does. I can lose weight eating dairy.
    Georgette

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    Not really sure if dairy bothers me. I really don't have enough of it to say one way or the other.

Congrats on your soon to be here LO Aldergirl!
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Thanks!

I really hope dairy doesn't mess with me, because I love my milk, cheese and yogurt! I know so little about PCOS. The doctors just told me I was asymptomatic and left it at that. They never brought it at all during this pregnancy. So, when I researched it, I was stunned to find that it's related to a bunch of problems in pregnancy (gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, low-birth weight and high-birth weight babies, as well as a 45% chance of miscarriage). I really wonder if the reason I haven't had any of those problems is because I've stayed away from gluten this whole pregnancy, and tried to be low carb (failed in my first trimester because I couldn't stomach meat or eggs). I also really wonder if I miscarried my first one because I was still eating gluten. It's so hard to tell, because miscarriages are so common for first attempts. I do know that I was eating a GAPS diet (to treat yeast) when I got pregnant this time, so I wonder if that helped in keeping my baby inside me. It's so hard to tell! I do know that when I cut out starches along with the grains, I had the best menstrual cycles ever...

geostump is offline Senior Member
    @aldergirl. I know for a fact that babies are going to thrive better in ketosis in the womb than without. When I was pregnant with each if my girls, I gained baby weight only due to weight issues and eating fairly low carb.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    @aldergirl. I know for a fact that babies are going to thrive better in ketosis in the womb than without. When I was pregnant with each if my girls, I gained baby weight only due to weight issues and eating fairly low carb.
    Thank you--that's good to know!

Grizz is offline Banned
    How mothers can deliver SUPER SMART BABIES & also prevent ADD/ADHD

Dr. Jorge Flechas Video: Total Body Iodine Sufficiency - Medical Conference Presentation

Grizz

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Flechas Reports,
    “Iodine deficiency may cause the ovaries to develop cysts, nodules and scar tissue. At its worse this
    ovarian pathology is very similar to that of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). As of the writing of
    this article I have five PCOS patients. The patients have successfully been brought under control
    with the use of 50 mg of iodine per day. Control with these patients meaning cysts are gone, periods
    every 28 days and type 2 diabetes mellitus under control.
    orthoflechas
    More on iodine:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Grizz

I'm sorry. I don't care to mess with my pregnancy by supplementing when the supplements do not have long-term studies done on them. There is too large of a history of women and babies being messed up by experimentation with supplements and medications during pregnancy. I will stick to whole foods (like seaweed), thank you.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast