Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal PCOS'ers? page 6

SteffanieLuv is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh really? Ok that's great! Do you eat any dairy?

I guess my biggest thing is just giving up eggs and cheese which I eat daily so I will try cutting back. Also I've only been primal for a couple weeks so I know it will probably take several months before I start to see any drastic changes to the unwanted PCOS symptoms. Gee, it would be so nice one day not to have to worry about little hairs on my face/chest and feel "normal".

Fingers crossed!

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteffanieLuv View Post
    Oh really? Ok that's great! Do you eat any dairy?

I guess my biggest thing is just giving up eggs and cheese which I eat daily so I will try cutting back. Also I've only been primal for a couple weeks so I know it will probably take several months before I start to see any drastic changes to the unwanted PCOS symptoms. Gee, it would be so nice one day not to have to worry about little hairs on my face/chest and feel "normal".

Fingers crossed!
    Hey, I did a test for a week with dairy. I also have PCOS and cut out dairy except butter - but this week I included full fat cream. I drank 2 and a half tubs of that stuff! When I went primal about 2 months ago I instantly lost that snail trial hair and the hair under my chin. This week I noticed it was coming back again, and the cream was the only thing I'd included in my diet.

So I did some research and the CW doctors were right - cut out dairy and you can get rid of those annoying hairs.

gt1cm2 is offline Junior Member
    I still eat dairy, only butter, cheese and cream but not massive amounts thou.

kiks is offline Member
    Hi...i came across this old thread for women with PCOS, and how they have fared with the primal diet...any changes?

I have PCOS, and have lost weight on the primal diet. My period is and has always been very cyclical. I do go through emotional ups and downs still. Just wondering about other women's experiences.

Momto3 is offline Senior Member
    Hi there. I'm still here. I'm still doing well with the Primal lifestyle. I've made progress in my healing. Stalled on the weightloss, but overall I am doing all right.
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

WLank84 is offline Junior Member
    I am just starting over with the primal lifestyle now. I have been on and off the wagon so many times. I just recently saw an endocrinologist who prescribed metformin for me. I have definitely noticed some weight loss since I have been on it for 2 months now and I don't feel as terrible after eating a meal. I would love to eat primally and one day not need metformin anymore!

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Regarding weight stalling, you may want to adjust your caloric intake. Primal/Paleo is great but we can still overeat. Aaaaand, that's all I've got. Cheers.

LisaLS is offline Senior Member
    PCOSer here and I've just restarted Primal. We first did it a couple of years ago with great results and then little by little got back in to our old habits. We tried going back primal here and there but never stick with it.
    Not this time though!
    I did a 4 day juice fast and boy... not eating really makes you appreciate the good HEALTHY food that is out there that you take for granted.

Anyway, hoping going back to a stricter primal diet with fasting here and there will help with weight loss, PCOS symptoms, and my fertility.
    DD born August 2012
    TTC #2
    SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
    CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
    Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
    Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Grizz is offline Banned
    PCOS is cured by the Dr, Brownstein IodineProtocol. See the testimonials here on PCOS:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-testimonials

Details of the Dr. Brownstein protocol here with references:
    http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Handout

Also see this book that goes into great detail:

41ZrJUypCSL._SL160_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-dp,TopRight,12,-18_SH30_OU01_AA160_.jpg
    Amazon.com: the iodine crises

Thanks to environmental pollutants Iodine deficiency has become a worldwide epidemic. Everybody knows pollutants cause cancer. What they don't know is that these pollutants cause a deficiency that can make us sick, fat and stupid. Iodized salt--supposedly a solution to iodine deficiency-- is actually a nutritional scam which provides a false sense of security. The Iodine Crisis explains how we became so deficient, then shows the time-tested solution to reversing many conditions. Lynne Farrow reveals how she and thousands of other patient-activists changed their lives by researching and using iodine. Frequently Asked Questions cover everything you need to know about iodine. The proof of iodine's benefit is demonstrated by the dramatic case studies shared in this book.
    Book Review -
    Lynne describes how Iodine Deficiency is a worldwide epidemic that contributes to the following diseases and their cures:
    * Fibrocystic Breast Disease & related cancers
    * Polycystic Ovary Syndrome & related cancers
    * Uterus fibroids, cysts, endometriosis & related cancers
    * Thyroid problems
    * Brain Fog, feeling stupid
    * Headaches
    * Prostate problems
    * Hormonal imbalance
    Her testimonials detail many other conditions caused by, and cured by iodine,
    She presents a fascinating history of iodine to cure health problems going back 15,000 years. Her book is fun to read. She details how her own life was wrecked by iodine deficiency, including fibrocystic breast disease with resulting breast cancer, hypothyroid, brain fog, feeling FAT & stupid and more, all cleared up after starting the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. She details many doctor's research into iodine and who stole iodine from us. This book is a MUST HAVE for every family and especially important for the women in your life, since women need far more iodine than men do for their female organs.

Best to all,
    Grizz

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    There is no cure for PCOS and taking too much iodine can cause serious health issues. Testimonials are not proof of a cure.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast