Thread: Fasters: Last meal? page

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member

Fasters: Last meal?

Shop Now
    I follow the leangains approach to intermittent fasting. I break my fast at 12pm and have my last meal at 8pm. Before going primal my last meal was always cottage cheese under the recommendation to have a slow digesting protein in the last meal. Now that I'm primal, I want to cut back on the amount of cottage cheese I eat (which was 1-2 cups a daily)

If you fast, what is your last meal before the fast?

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Changes from day to day (weekends are different), but most of the times it's a meat mixed with some starch (like sweet potato), usually at-least a medium sized meal

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I don't have just one usual thing for dinner, I do usually have salmon a couple times a week, but still. I have some kind of meat with enough protein and some kind of vegetable to go with it usually. If I'm doing a re-feed then I'll most likely be having a sweet potato as well. If you're doing dairy then you could do a lot worse than cottage cheese. I don't have it every day, but I do eat cottage cheese sometimes.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NDF View Post
    I follow the leangains approach to intermittent fasting. I break my fast at 12pm and have my last meal at 8pm. Before going primal my last meal was always cottage cheese under the recommendation to have a slow digesting protein in the last meal. Now that I'm primal, I want to cut back on the amount of cottage cheese I eat (which was 1-2 cups a daily)

If you fast, what is your last meal before the fast?
    Big Ass Salad with 1 whole Hass avocado, 1 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1-2 hard boiled eggs, and some diced onions. On the side is 12-16 ounces of meat. There are times when I have 1 small baked sweet potato mashed with butter/cinnamon on the side too.

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    I usually eat dinner that late and it isn't the same thing every night. Tonight I had tons of mussels in butter and wine and a BAS. But usually dinner is meat and veggies of some sort.
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    I don't really IF (unless you count skipping breakfast half the time), but did a 22 hour fast today (not really intentionally... just wasn't that hungry during my lunch break). My dinner last night was 4 chicken thighs (w/ skin and mole` seasoning).
    I suppose when I do IF, it isn't really planned, so I don't plan my pre and post fast meals either.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Mr.M is offline Senior Member
    casein protein mixed with water (partially frozen) + a good amount of blueberries and/or cherries.

Morff is offline Junior Member
    Hmm last Meal. If I can swing it, steak meduim rare and lots of it. An assortment of steamed veggies. Fruit for desert (Last night I ate too many grapes for my own good Yum). And Dark chocolate the higher the Caco % the better. last nights selection was 86 % caco. http://www.ghirardelli.com/products/..._midnight.aspx

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much all of my meals are meat and veggies, because I'm a lazy cook so yeah, meat and veggies.

marktripp is offline Senior Member
    My meal tonight was steak, lobster, salad and squash @5pmYUMMMM. Now i will fast till 12-1pm.