Primal is offline Senior Member

Norcal Margarita...anyone tried it?

Shop Now
    1. 23 shots of 100% agave tequila.
    2. Juice and pulp from one lime.
    3. Shake it all up with some ice.
    4. Add soda water to taste.

Robb Wolf's concoction.

Curious to try it. Anyone have any tequila recommendations? I'm tempted to try Cabo but at $65/bottle, I'm afraid I'm paying for Sammy Hagar's lifestyle more than quality tequila...

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Yup. Last Friday. I thought that it tasted great, but my drinks of choice prior were tequila shots and vodka-soda-lime slice, so this isn't too far off.

In terms of my hangover and level of drunkeness:
    I felt really "level" all night despite the amout of units that I consumed (and one beer shotgunned). I think that it might have something to do with the faster metabolism of alcohol because of the carbonation and empty stomach. It is almost as if my rate of alcohol metabolism was keeping up with my consumption. Usually it seems like all my drinking "catches up" with me at one point in the night and I go from just buzzed to really drunk in about 20 minutes.
    I had a bad headache the next morning, but I think that was caused by 2 things. 1) because I didn't feel that drunk I didn't consume a lot of water before going to bed like I usually do. 2) Tequila seems to give me wicked hangover headaches.

mhoward is offline Member
    I've tried it and enjoyed it, even though I ordered it at a bar and they made it as more of a gin and tonic.

Robb Wolf just mentioned a new drink in his podcast. He suggested mixing rum with coconut water and mint, like a mojito. I will have to try it shortly.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Anyone have any tequila recommendations? I'm tempted to try Cabo but at $65/bottle, I'm afraid I'm paying for Sammy Hagar's lifestyle more than quality tequila...
    Don Julio Reposado for sippin, Hornitos for mixin (you don't want to use really good stuff in a mixed drink).

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mhoward View Post
    I've tried it and enjoyed it, even though I ordered it at a bar and they made it as more of a gin and tonic.

Robb Wolf just mentioned a new drink in his podcast. He suggested mixing rum with coconut water and mint, like a mojito. I will have to try it shortly.
    I've been drinking white rum with coconut water for a couple years. I skip the mint and it's delicious. There's a subtle sweetness from the coconut that works really well with rum.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I only drink norcal margaritas when I go out. It's seriously the only alcohol i drink besides the occasional red wine.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    So it's tequila with lime juice? Yeah that stuff is tasty, I make it all the time. Well, not all the time, but we've been finishing our weeks of here at the office with a round of them for nearly two years. Certainly not Wolff's invention, but it is a tasty tasy drink.

Cazadores and Sauza are good yet quite affordable brands.
    High end stuff like Patron and Cabo Wabo generally shouldn't be mixed with anything but perhaps a small bit of ice...same as with a nice scotch.
    Last edited by carlh; 10-27-2010 at 10:49 AM.

MonkeyGuy is offline Member
    I've tried it and made it with cheaper tequila and it was still great! The last time I made it with Hornitos Silver and put a little stevia powder in it, and you really could not tell the difference between it and a regular margarita, except for the healthy buzz instead of the crappy syrupy feeling!
    http://healthymindfitbody.com
    "Achieve your perfect weight through the mind-body connection!"

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    I had one this past weekend and I thought it was great! My husband was nursing a beer, but he said his sip was pretty good too.

I have no suggestion for the tequila though, as I had mine at a bar and didn't ask.

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGuy View Post
    I've tried it and made it with cheaper tequila and it was still great!
    Yeah I used cheap stuff too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast