Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Triathloon) page 3

Triathloon is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    DAY 16

Breakfast: Handful of almonds

Exercise: 20 mile bike ride

Lunch: Spinach salad laden with grated feta, tomato, zucchini, yellowfin sashimi, and homemade Fish-o-nut dressing.

Snack: Tasty can of kippered herring and some sunflower seeds.

Supper: Couple of baked chicken legs, a handful of spicy baked sweet potato chunks, small piece of barbeque chicken leftover from the family's SAD meal.

Snack: Some whole milk mozzarella cheese and pistachios.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-12-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

DAY 17

Breakfast: Omelet with jalepenos, mushrooms, onion, ham, and a little cheese. Oh yeah, 3 sausage links.

Lunch: Yellowfin sashimi, pistachios, a bowl of the chicken and shrimp soup from the PB recipes list.

Supper: Bowl of chicken/shrimp soup along with the last of the yellowfin sashimi.

Farewell Party: Way more socializing than I'm used to the last 2 weeks. A night of beer, at least it was Michelob Ultra.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-13-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

DAY 18

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs w/ 4 strips of bacon and a little cheese... also a handful of pistachios.

Snack: Banana/cocoa/milk shake !TASTY!

Lunch: Bowl of shrimp/chicken soup

Snack: Sardines in olive oil and 1/4 cup of almonds

Exercise: 20 mile bike ride

Supper: I really didn't keep up with what I ate... sort of just picked around. Still no grains or sugar!
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-14-2010 at 09:46 PM.

DAY 19

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with ham, peppers, cheese, mushrooms and onion. 5x sausage patties and 3 boiled eggs. Not sure why I ate so much...

Exercise: Nice slow paced 40 mile bike ride

Snack: Really wasn't hungry for lunch, but I ate significantly in the afternoon. Big bowl of chicken and shrimp soup, some almonds, salt-and-pepper sauteed broccoli. Also had some whipping cream and blueberries.

Supper: Didn't really have much of anything... had a friend over for a movie and I think I just lost track of eating. Wow, that's a first.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-15-2010 at 11:34 AM.

DAY 20

Weigh-in: Very shocked to see 207 on the scale this morning, which is 4 lbs down from last week. I figured I had lost a little, but not that much. It's funny, I usually feel weight gone from my shoulder-blade area when I've been at a plateau and start losing again. Now if I can get rid of this little bulge around the middle and some floppiness in the man-boob area.

Breakfast: 3x scrambled eggs and bacon

Snack: Yummy bunch of dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds ('Bigs' brand dill are way better than David).

Lunch: Whipped up some of the BEAT (Bacon, egg, avocado, tomato) salad from the recipe page. This is quickly become my favorite dish. A couple of tablespoons of homemade may would really round it out, but it would push it up over 800 calories for the whole bowl (which I always eat).

Snack: Can of kippered herring. My love for canned fish is on part with my co-workers detest for the smell.

Supper: Polished off the last of the chicken and shrimp soup along with a couple pieces of baked chicken and some brocolli my wife and kid had for supper. Also had just about half a cup of their mashed potatotes.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-16-2010 at 12:14 PM.

DAY 21

Got my new dehydrator in this week and started my first batch of beef jerky this morning using Mark's recipe. Sure did smell good as I was leaving the house!

Breakfast: Bacon and cheese omelet

Lunch: Made a couple of the beef sushi rolls from the recipe PDF. Pretty tasty (especially with a little mayo) and very filling.

Supper: Wife and kid had a very primal quiche which I had a sizable piece of. Also tried my hand at some of Son of Grok's coconut pancakes, which didn't work out so well as they fell apart very easily. They did taste good, so that's all that matters.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-17-2010 at 11:35 AM.

DAY 22

Breakfast: Bacon wrapped filet from the frozen section. About as good as something like that can be. Pretty tough and it actually had a bone in it (filet?). Fried a couple of eggs in the beef fat and also had the last 2 coconut pancakes from last night.

Lunch: Snacked around on some canned herring as I wasn't super hungry for lunch.

Supper: Had some leftover quiche, a couple pieces of roast beef with a little mayo... and I know something else, but I forgot. Need to update my journal right after eating.

Exercise: 20 mile bike ride after dark
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-18-2010 at 01:21 PM.

DAY 23

Breakfast: 3x fried eggs with 5 small pieces of Canadian bacon. Also grabbed a coconut curry chicken leg from the batch I made last night.

Lunch: Salad with olive oil/vinegar, 1/2 an avocado, sliced zucchini, sliced cucumber, piece of seared flank steak, handful of pistachios.

Supper: Homemade beef jerky, pistachios, chunk Frittata Aleta from the recipe PDF.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-19-2010 at 02:06 PM.

DAY 24

Breakfast: Leftover Frittata Aleta with some butter and a piece of leftover flank steak.

Lunch: Coconut curry chicken with cauliflower rice

Supper: I honestly forgot what I had, but it was definitely Primal!
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-20-2010 at 09:26 PM.

DAY 25

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with peppers, onions, jalepeno, ham, cheese. A few strips of bacon.

Exercise: 40 mile bike ride

Lunch: Late lunch of leftover coconut curry chicken and some canned fish.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast