Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Triathloon) page 2

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey there Tri..... things are looking great on your end! Keep up the great work!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Triathloon is offline Member
    Thanks man, PB is a great fit for me so far. It's all very exciting!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

DAY 10

10 days and all is well. I have completely eliminated grains and sugar from my diet and it feels great. My wife gets more intrigued by the day... I believe she will give PB a run before long. I really want our 4-year old to develop these good eating habits as well. She's not a huge fan of meat right now, but I guess that's not totally shocking for a 4-year old.

Breakfast: Not especially hungry so I had a small piece of leftover yellowfin tuna with a little whole milk in my coffee.

Lunch: Whipped up a batch of Mark's Bacon, Egg, Avocado and Tomato salad. Holy cow that is some good stuff. I really didn't mean to eat the entire bowl, but I was pretty hungry. Turns out it really wasn't bad carb or calorie wise, especially in light of my small breakfast. Had a tablespoon of almond butter and one of the extra hard-cooked eggs while I was making the salad.

Snack: Handful of pistacios and almonds

Supper: Leftover crock pot pepper with a little sour cream and a tablespoon of fresh made almond butter.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-05-2010 at 02:59 PM.

DAY 11

Breakfast: 3 fried eggs with bacon and a tablespoon of almond butter.

Lunch: Another leftover crock pot stuffed pepper... these are really tasty. Also had a couple of slices of pepper cheese and some almonds.

Supper: Had some awesome yellowfin tuna sashimi and some sauteed yellow and zucchini squash.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-07-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Lindsey is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying PB so much and I hope your wife soon joins you too

DAY 12

Didn't keep up with food today. Spent the day watching football and had a few beers and a few tortilla chips. Wasn't a good PB day, but not exactly terrible. No worries, back on the path tomorrow.

DAY 12

Back on the horse today after a few beers and tortilla chips while watching football with my buddies yesterday.

Can't wait to see what the scale has to say tomorrow morning!

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with jalepenos, tomato, onion, cheese and ham.

Lunch/Supper/Snack: Sort of an odd day today. Made some almond chicken from the PB recipes page and sort of grazed on it off and on. Also had some grilled zucchini and yellow squash.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-08-2010 at 11:06 AM.

DAY 13

A little disappointed with the scale results today, only 1 lb dropped since last week. Oh well, I realize that the scale number is impacted by a lot of things (hydration level, bowel content, etc.) so I shouldn't fret too much.

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs! Tomorrow is grocery day thank goodness. I'm out of everything!

Lunch: Huge salad with leftover almond chicken, green bell, zucchini, tomato, with homemade coconut milk/fish sauce dressing.

Snack: Can of sardines in olive oil

Supper: 6 oz. filet mignon with sauteed broccoli and 1/4 cup mashed potatoes.

Exercise: 20 mile bike ride
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-09-2010 at 11:31 AM.

DAY 14

Breakfast: Zucchini, onion and cheese 3 egg omlette (with a little heavy cream whipped into the eggs).

Lunch: Grocery shopping at lunch which always leads to odd combinations for the noon meal. Yellowfin sashimi, chicken leg, chicken thigh, leftover ground turkey patty, leftover filet mignon.

Supper: Birthday party... didn't do too badly: 2x Mich Ultra, 2 meat/veggie skewers, 3x breaded fried chicken wings, 2x Tostitos scoops/salsa.

Snack: Couple big slabs of whole milk mozzarella cheese. Dang that was good.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.

DAY 15

I really feel like I've settled into a nice groove with PB. Been to a couple of social events and had a few drinks, but no major carb binges. I can definitely feel my clothes getting a bit looser.

Breakfast: 3x fried eggs and about 6 oz ham steak.

Lunch: Big spinach salad with 2x boiled eggs, bell pepper, kim chee, 1/2 avocado, tomato, and my newly created avocado/fish-sauce/coconut milk dressing

Supper/Snacks: Today was a holiday here on Kwajalein, so being at home a lot of the day resulted in odd grazing habits. Between 3:00 p.m. and bedtime I had: 2x baked chicken legs, a few pieces of mozzarella cheese, an impromptu smoothie (mixed frozen fruit, spinach, coconut milk) and some pistachios. Very lazy day, no real exercise other than a very slow bike ride with my 4-year old who is on her first bike with training wheels.
    Last edited by Triathloon; 11-11-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast