Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I actually overdid it..... page

jammies is offline Senior Member

I think I actually overdid it.....

I don't eat a ton of bacon. I like it, but I try to limit it. Tonight for some reason I went crazy. I cooked up a bunch of bacon, threw in some spaghetti squash and put the whole thing(including fat) over some salad. It was crazy delicious...but man, I have not been feeling great ever since. A little nauseous and a mild headache.....and super thirsty.

Do you think I actually surpassed my physiologic tolerance for fat consumption in one meal? Or maybe it was something specific to the bacon?

It's my first real "miss" with a primal meal

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    No, I think you had way too much salt.

Zed
    Zed is offline Senior Member
    Yup, you had way too much salt, not to mention the imbalance omega 6:3 ratio.........but it's bacon! Put a smile on!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Bacon is not the ambrosia that everyone seems to think it is.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    agreed. Too much bacon and I feel like the contents of my stomach are sucking all the moisture out of my body.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I agree with GC. I don't eat bacon all the time either. It's more of a once in a while thing for me these days even when I have eggs.

ben61820 is offline Junior Member
    yeah, i think its the salt, too. You can do the same thing with pork rinds, too. I used to snack on them but its easy to consume a ridiculous amount of salt (and im sure really low quality salt at that) without realizing. Feel terrible afterwards. In any event, both the bacon and the pork rinds are perhaps more processed than what we thrive on. Remember, the underlying principle with this whole paleo primal thing is unprocessed, or as minimally processed food as possible.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Its probably too much, but I've done the same thing. I found that it is better for me to cook bacon on a full stomach, otherwise I'll eat a whole package while I'm cooking.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the feed back - I agree now....I think the salt is it. I woke up twice last night desperate for water and actually got a cramp in my foot - which hasn't happened since adding potassium and magnesium supplement.

I usually treat bacon as a condiment. Small amounts on occasion. It just seems a little too processed to be all that primal.

I'm going to drink a lot of water today and chalk it up to live and learn!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My impression of the whole bacon-worship of the forums (and the internet in general) is that it's more of a giant running joke / meme / convenient symbol of indulgence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast