Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on this snack for daily consumption page

That One Guy is offline Junior Member

Opinions on this snack for daily consumption

Primal Fuel
    Lately I've been messing with a simple snack, that I think is pretty healthy. It consist of the following: 2 tbs of organic coconut oil, 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 tbsp of raw honey and 2 tbsp of coconut flakes. I see no real problem for consuming it on the regular, but I'd like some others opinions.

Thanks

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Why do you even need snacks? Eat proper meals instead.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I think it would depend on your health goals. That amount of honey may be problematic for some people trying to lose weight, improve insulin sensitivity, or regulate blood sugar. If you are healthy and very active....maybe not such a big deal.

It does sound delicious though

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    "Snacks" are for children.

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    That's a lot of honey! Try half the amount, and you'll notice it tastes just as good. I like snacks.

Atlas is offline Member
    I support snacking!
    That sounds good... high in sugar though. Have you thought about replacing some of the honey with stevia or fruits?

MonkeyGuy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    Why do you even need snacks? Eat proper meals instead.
    Why not eat snacks? I don't have time to eat huge meals that would keep me full for 6 hours. I imagine paleolithic man had times where he was snacking several times a day as opposed to just a huge meal. I see nothing wrong with snacks, especially if you are exercising.

My only suggestion would be to add some egg protein powder to this to get some protein.
    http://healthymindfitbody.com
    "Achieve your perfect weight through the mind-body connection!"

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Sub the honey for stevia and you've got a winner snack that I wouldn't feel guilty about. Not sure why anyone would tell you not to snack... if you are eating an appropriate amount of calories with appropriately good food, I see no reason why not to snack. I do it all the time.

In other words, ignore them and go hog wild, champ, I just recommend dumping the honey.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    I am with MonkeyGuy and Rivvin...why no snacks? I thought one of the points of PB is getting in tune with your body and if your body says it needs fuel, fuel it up. I don't always eat meals that will keep me fueled/satisfied until the next "meal time." Hmmm...maybe that is what one of the guys above was talking about. Maybe they are saying if you are hungry, eat a "meal," not a snack?

To the OP, I don't have a comment on your snack idea because I do not like coconut AT ALL...but others have given you good ideas.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a snacker either. Part of why I don't snack is my understanding of my body's needs and the meaning of hunger. What tends to drive snacking behavior really isn't one's body but one's mind. When my body needs to be fueled I will give it the fuel that it needs in the form of a meal. I generally go with lunch and dinner and I get all the nutrition that I need from both of those.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast