Thread: Need help with protein ideas page

emilyb is offline Junior Member

Need help with protein ideas

Shop Now
    I am on a rotational diet because of my 37 food allergies so I can only eat eggs every other day. I also cannot have any dairy. I can't have whey protein either. I can alternate hemp or rice protein but they are not very good! I need some other suggestions for protein besides just meat. I usually eat protein 5 times a day. I'm struggling with breakfast on my non-egg day as well.

I can eat pecans, cashews, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts and coconut, but no almonds. I am trying to lose 10lbs so I don't want to go too crazy on the nuts or nut butters.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks!

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    There's oodles of variety available in meat, fish and shellfish, surely? (I like white fish for breakfast sometimes - not too overwhelming first thing in the morning!)

Oh, and - 5 times a day? Probably after a while on Primal you'll find you don't need to eat so often.

skink531 is offline Senior Member
    It's really not neccesary to eat 5 times a day. As Kurt Harris said "don't graze like an herbavore". I used to do the 5-6 meals a day, but since going primal I eat twice a day(and occassionaly once) and have become a big fan of the IF. The only protein suggestions I would make are beef, bison,pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, fish, deer, gator(one of my favorites), maybe raccoon (sorry Stabby), and most anything else you have to kill to eat. But that's just me.

emilyb is offline Junior Member
    Good point about not eating so frequently. Though I definitely need a snack in the afternoon. Maybe I am just in search of breakfast recipes with meat. Are sausages PB? Lunch and dinner are no problem. I just can't have the same proteins two days in a row.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Check out some of Paul Chek or Antonio valladares info on rotational dieting...they have great recommendations for every macronutrient (including protein)

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com