Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best boots for wintertime walking? page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Best boots for wintertime walking?

Primal Fuel
    Prior to PB, I would take my lunchtime walks at the indoor track where I work during the cold months. This year, I've decided to embrace the seasons and continue my lunchtime walks outside this winter.

Being that I'm in Massachusetts, I need boots that will do well in snow, ice, slush and cold, but still give me at least somewhat of a barefoot feel.

Any suggestions?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Dont know about the barefoot feel, but Muck Boots are awesome!

beenbean is offline Member
    Maybe consider these: Vivo Barefoot Dundan Boots?

Couple of relevant excerpts from this review: "They are good for small amounts of snow but not on ice." And: "While walking in 3 cm of slush, my feet did not get wet; however, upon standing in said depth of slush, I could feel water starting to seep in along the bottom of the boot where the sole is stitched to the upper."

As for warmth, for these or anything else you consider, Sahalie offers these "toasty feet" insoles.

I have a pair of these boots but never had the chance to wear them in snow. They really are deliciously comfortable and good-looking. Hope you find what you're looking for!

Oh, wait: Terraplana, who make Vivo, have some waterproof boots:

Brooklyn

Franklin

They are pretty spendy, I'm afraid. But maybe one of these, combined with the toasty feet insole, would work for NE winters?

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could buy the boots and some Sealskinz to wear inside of them to make them totally waterproof? Someone just posted the link for them yesterday and they look perfect for this sort of thing.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenbean View Post
    Maybe consider these: Vivo Barefoot Dundan Boots?
    Those look cute, but it looks like they aren't available anymore. Bummer. I'll have to think about whether I want to shell out over $200 bucks for boots. Hmmm...

Jenn, I just sent you a PM.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Scuba boots!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Terra Plana (the Vivo barefoot people) just sent a 30% off coupon by email. HALLOWEEN30, expires 10/31/10. Just used it to buy a pair of their boots, taking the price from "OMG!!!!!" to "Ouch!"
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Terra Plana (the Vivo barefoot people) just sent a 30% off coupon by email. HALLOWEEN30, expires 10/31/10. Just used it to buy a pair of their boots, taking the price from "OMG!!!!!" to "Ouch!"
    Thank you for this!! I was going to invest in some Evos and possibly boots too. This will definitely take it down from "OMG!!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast