Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fidgeting? page

Griff is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

Has anyone noticed an increase in what some people call "fidgeting" and what researchers tend to call "restless movement" since you went Primal? I can't seem to stop moving, even though I still spend a good portion of my time sitting. My legs are in constant motion! I guess I have so much energy that I have to burn it off somehow, even though I also work out every morning. Anyone else noticed this?

The reason that I thought of it is that some research was done showing that lean people tend to fidget more and obese people tend to fidget less (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Jan27.html). The speculation was that some hormone causes obese people to not want to move around and lean people to move around, but I thought, "what if it's simpler than that and the difference is in energy levels?" Lean people would tend to have higher energy levels than obese people, right? So if diet is what drives our energy levels, wouldn't it be people who are eating closer to the Primal style that would have more energy and thus be more fidgety?

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Katt is offline Senior Member

Yep. I find I am more restless when forced to sit still for long periods, as if the energy doesn't want to! I never used to fidget like that before.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Just yesterday my sister snapped at me to "Sit still, damn it!" LOL!

Althaur is offline Senior Member

Heh. I'm sitting here tapping my feet and bouncing around as I read this.

cc40 is offline Junior Member

Living with ADD all my life, I don't notice any "new" fidgeting.

Wheat_Is_Murder Guest

So funny. I'm about ready to fidget out of my chair right now. The thread title jumped right out at me. Yes, my fidget rate has at least quadrupled.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

I've always been hyper and prone to fidget...unless I'm hunting or fishing :-)

maba is offline Senior Member

I might be the only one here that doesn't feel active anymore. I don't feel sluggish anymore unlike before, especially after having a carb-heavy meal. But at the same time, I'm not raring to do stuff. I've cut down my cardio drastically, but I do go for walks and do some HIIT. But other than that, I'm pretty inactive the whole day, I work at a desk. Am I the only odd one out?

P.S.: I'm a veteran procrastinator.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Maba I feel ya! I sit at my desk all day too, and I have to make it a point to go for a walk in the middle of the day just to get moving. My job barely requires me to get out of my chair for 8 hours, so I have to get up and go to the kitchen, go to the bathroom, print at the far away printer, etc. Sitting for so long just leads to more wanting to sit for me I usually am wanting to move around when I finally get home though, I hate sitting in front of the tv during the afternoon/evening. I had to make a workout schedule to make sure I get some activity in every day, which worked last week at least

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

maba is offline Senior Member

But I don't feel like moving about when I go home either Primal cooking is so simple compared to my non-Primal Indian cooking, I don't even spend as much time cooking now. So most of the time I end up sitting in front of the computer and browsing MDA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast