Thread: Fell off the wagon for a week...hotel in Singapore, wrong food, etc page

Paneristi is offline Member

Red face Fell off the wagon for a week...hotel in Singapore, wrong food, etc

Primal Fuel
    After almost 2 years I went a bit crazy while at a conference in Singapore.
    Was living in-out of a hotel for a week, ate scones, pasta, bread, chocolate, cake, fruit....don't ask !

I have gained 1kg in pure body fat despite also working out 3 days out of the seven.
    I did have flu for 4 days out of the seven and lost my voice completely with a throat infection (bacterial) now still on antibiotics and under the weather.

Question:
    Whats the most effective way to get back on track and rid the fat?
    I have fasted since 9pm last tight ....now 16 hours...water and coffee only.

Advice much appreciated.
    Last edited by Paneristi; 10-25-2010 at 11:33 PM. Reason: sp

Beauty is offline Senior Member
    I think you have to pretend like it never happened. Your body will level itself out, since it is used to being very healthy. Don't feel bad about it. Smile to yourself with a little chuckle and reflect on the nature of our human appetites. Sometimes us humans do the exact opposite of what we know we should do. You've been good for two years, so no wonder some part of you got curious or rebellious and won over your rational self! Also, the weight gain may have been due to being sick, in which case you'll loose it fast. :-)

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    sounds like u enjoyed it .. and after 2 yrs thats a "no bad" miss

so just get bck on the horse and carry on

Paneristi is offline Member
    Thanks all, im 20 hours into my fast, just coffee with a splash of coconut oil and water, resetting the system.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I worry a bit about the "binge and fast" mentality...because I know it's something I risk. It can act as a punishment for the prior sins, and that does my sense of balance no good at all. Before I know it, it's become a pattern that almost ALLOWS me to overeat the wrong stuff as long as I pay my penance. I also think it must doubly shock the body....first it gets overfed, then it gets starved.

I think your body deserves to be treated to the best, most nutritious food to help it heal from the week.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hop back on.