Thread: Halloween Question page

profdjj is offline Senior Member

Halloween Question

Primal Fuel
    So, are you all buying candy to give out to the kiddos? I'm having a really hard time justifying that knowing what it's going to do to them. I'm probably just being stupid...

Darlena

lolov is offline Senior Member
    THink of it this way: a) you don't want to get egged/TP'd (or, egads BOTH!) and b) primal parents will do what I do and buy the kids' candy from them at a buck a pound (our dentist pays that as well, so they get $2 per lb!) and they get all the fun of trick or treating, a few pieces of candy to enjoy over the next few weeks and money towards a new toy. Everyone sort of wins.

Non-primal parents aren't your problem.

OR, you can give out stickers/pencils/tattoos/whatever and be known as "that" house ;-) LOLOL.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Whatever you give them will be a drop in the bucket, and won't affect their health or eating habits one way or the other.

Watch the movie Trick r Treat and see what happens when you don't honor the Halloween tradition. (Hint: It ain't pretty.)

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    watch the movie trick r treat and see what happens when you don't honor the halloween tradition. (hint: It ain't pretty.)
    ahahahahahahaha

Grok is offline Senior Member

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Target has 6- packs of soap bubble dispensers and little parachute men in Halloween colors, not bad for $1.00. Trader Joes has bags of mini packs of almonds...

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to be at my house for a good part of the evening because we're going trick or treating from my mother's place. I'm going to set out a couple bags of candy though in hopes that I don't get jokes played on my place while I'm out.

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    I'm giving out last year's Halloween candy. LOL kidding. Tattoos are it this year for us. My neighbors actually hand out FULL soda cans. WTH

I am blessed that my kids don't like it. Huge bowl on the counter for weeks now, barely touched. Hubby is a complete different story but he has to "hunt and gather" it on his own. My kids won't even drink soda. I realize this will subside as they get outside influence from other kids though. Today one said he wanted school lunch tomorrow because all his friends have that.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    I'm giving out last year's Halloween candy. LOL kidding. Tattoos are it this year for us. My neighbors actually hand out FULL soda cans. WTH

I am blessed that my kids don't like it. Huge bowl on the counter for weeks now, barely touched. Hubby is a complete different story but he has to "hunt and gather" it on his own. My kids won't even drink soda. I realize this will subside as they get outside influence from other kids though. Today one said he wanted school lunch tomorrow because all his friends have that.
    Has your kid's school at least gotten rid of the fryers?