Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I'm a loooong way from that first pullup! What's an older woman gotta do? page

Adrianag is offline Senior Member

Help! I'm a loooong way from that first pullup! What's an older woman gotta do?

Primal Fuel
    I've watched Mark's videos and bought the doorway pullup bar, but no way can I do more than simply hang for a second or two. How is this 57 year old Mama Grok gonna get to the top of the bar?

Are there some transitional exercises that are specifically designed for (out of shape) women to build our upper bodies?

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Do you have Primal Fitness?? In there he has a whole progression series to get to pullups. I'm there with you, mamagrok!!!

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    There was a whole thread on this a few weeks ago. Personally, I achieved the pull-up goal by using the Gravitron machine, although everyone else seems to think it's a piece of junk. (I'm 52, and I did my first one about 5 years ago.)

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Woody Bands!

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I see a lot of comments coming down the pike like ,"that was posted before", " find that under someone else's posts", and so on. That is great to refer people to previous posts where the topic was discussed and rehashed. Odd thing is that we could enter a first reply to just about any and all new threads------"that was posted before" followed by "use the search function of blog and threads"

Let's just close up and go home. If something new comes up the worker bees can send us all an e-mail.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Really wanted to post the following: Instead of a pull up, try a "lower down", ie, get on a chair or bench and grasp the pull up bar in the "raised" position, then gradually lower yourself. Someday you will probably get up there without the chair or bench. Another thing is to try pulling up from the floor with your body making a fulcrum, ie, heels on the floor and pulling up---think of a push up in reverse. Maybe some physical culturist will have real names and even pictures of techniques these moves.

I think that someone posted this before.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lolov View Post
    Do you have Primal Fitness?? In there he has a whole progression series to get to pullups. I'm there with you, mamagrok!!!
    Yes I have it, but am nowhere near Step 1...

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    I see a lot of comments coming down the pike like ,"that was posted before", " find that under someone else's posts"...(snip)
    Let's just close up and go home. If something new comes up the worker bees can send us all an e-mail.
    Heheh, exactly. My take is, it's a lot more helpful to actually LINK to that thread.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...hich-is-better

Sure, people could use search themselves and find it... maybe... but here I am with the thread in-hand courtesy of my subscriptions folder. So why not...

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Would you happen to have access to a Smith machine? Gym? Gym at work? That is how I am doing mine (modified version). If I can do this, you can definitely do this! Both feet stay firmly on the ground. If you can get to a Smith machine somehow, let me know and I'll post further instructions.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    ... but here I am with the thread in-hand courtesy of my subscriptions folder. So why not...
    Oooh, I didn't know about subscribing to threads. What a useful tool. I keep wondering how I'm going to remember all the really great threads that have useful info in them.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast