Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh god what have I done? page

katzilla is offline Senior Member

Oh god what have I done?

Primal Fuel
    I've been 100% primal for 3 weeks now. Tonight I brought home a bottle of Gluhwein (mulled wine), which must have a buttload of sugar in it. It's been about 30 minutes since I've had a glass and I feel TERRIBLE, like dizzy and sick and just uggggh. Is there anything I can do to combat the horrific insulin spike/raising of blood sugar.

If I was ever tempted to cheat with something sugary the temptation is gone.
    5 foot 5 female.
    Starting weight 187 (10/4/10)
    Got knocked up; Had 3rd babby.
    Current weight 128 (8/20/2012)
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

"Bring a knife to a gun fight--stab them while they're laughing"
    "You were born a winner- you were the fastest sperm"
    I prefer to take life advice from courage wolf

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    Eat something fatty! cream , bacon, protienshake w/coconut oil & coconut milk,

Thanks! I'm going to go down a few tsps of coconut oil. I was so excited to be drinking wine, little did I know I chose the evil bottle.

Well, this will certainly deter me from eating Halloween candy at least.
    5 foot 5 female.
    Goal weight 150 (pre-pregnancy weight); Goal weight #2 135 (ideal); Newest goal? RIPPED. I WANNA BE RIPPED.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Ugh, slipups suck.

I made the mistake of drinking a large diet coke on saturday. I thought my heart was going to leap out of my chest. I was so uncomfortable and gross feeling. Not doing that again!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I made the awful mistake of eating an entire bag of skittles a few months ago after abstaining for a long while. I felt like ASS. I had some sashimi later that day but god was like... dude fuck you, I'm making you throw this good fish right up. I felt really bad all day it was surreal. (I felt bad way before having the fish...)

Oh man, that must have been awful. I'd hate to think about how sweet diet coke would taste with readjusted tastebuds.
    5 foot 5 female.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I made the awful mistake of eating an entire bag of skittles a few months ago after abstaining for a long while. I felt like ASS. I had some sashimi later that day but god was like... dude fuck you, I'm making you throw this good fish right up. I felt really bad all day it was surreal. (I felt bad way before having the fish...)

That must have been terrible too....

I am totally keeping this in mind when we're hanging out skittles on Halloween. I'm not even going to have one of those little sugary death packets now.
    5 foot 5 female.

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure about the advice to eat some fat... In a high carb environment, which your body is right now, fat will be stored along with the carbs. I'm wondering if it is not better to just let it pass instead of pouring fat on top of the problem. Fat is only unhealthy in the presence of too many carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RSL View Post
    I'm not sure about the advice to eat some fat... In a high carb environment, which your body is right now, fat will be stored along with the carbs. I'm wondering if it is not better to just let it pass instead of pouring fat on top of the problem. Fat is only unhealthy in the presence of too many carbs.
    I could see that too... I guess this will set me back a little in my weight loss efforts, but I'll catch up eventually. Interestingly, I've still only consumed 60g carbs, unfortunately 40 of those were in a half hour. Uggh. Lesson learned, I guess.
    5 foot 5 female.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Man, I had a bad run-in with some damned Trader Joe's miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cups this weekend (first day of my period, no coincidence). Felt like ASS. I guess I need to self-induce pure hell every so often so as to remind myself what it's like.

I did eat bacon and felt better. I think there really is something to the "eat fat" thing.

Plus, it managed to stop any further madness with the food. Whew. Dodged a bullet. Can't take anything for granted.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast