Thread: Juicing primal page

Judoman is offline Member

Juicing primal

Primal Fuel
    I juice about 10 oz. of carrot juice after an intence 30-50 min. morning routine of weights/kettlbell/ jump rope circuits. Even though it's "sugary", I don't bonk, or feel hyper, etc. Actually, I can drink just the juice, make it all day till dinner, which is meat, veggies, a little wine. When I stick to this, I lose weight, and have solid energy. Kind of warrior/primal combo. Because of acid reflux, dinner is my best time for a bigger meal. Does anyone else juice?. Oh, and I don't juice fruit, or really eat much of it, either.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I thought this thread was going to be a bout taking steroids while being primal. I'm a non-juicer in either case though.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    I thought this thread was going to be a bout taking steroids while being primal. I'm a non-juicer in either case though.
    Same exact thought, I am not a juicer in either respect as well

periquin is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy my own make carrot juice, a V8 clone, and occasional juices from whatever vegetables are just sitting around and need to be used. I drink a lot of water with fresh squeezed lemon juice---no sweetener. I go through periods when I drink a lot of tea but I try to eschew the tea and coffee. Tea is a definite weakness. Hell for me is a place without my Brown Betty and a book. These things--the thicker juices--often replace meals. I don't make fruit juices. I believe that they are really just sugar water and all the best part of the fruit is in the pulp.

The vegetable remains after the juicing are used in cooking. Sometimes just a patty with "juice dregs" and a whipped in egg or two.

Did this add anything to the thread? Na---just another line from my grossly unappreciated and under-read autobiography.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

lizch is offline Senior Member
    What's the problem with tea? (Maybe I don't really want to know!)
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Anyone use the pulp? I used to juice but stopped as I hated throwing out the pulp.

Yesterday I wondered about adding enough thick cream to make it stirrable, then adding salt, pepper and about 4 egg whites whipped, then baking it into a roulade.

Anyone tried this? Does it work?

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Anyone use the pulp? I used to juice but stopped as I hated throwing out the pulp.

Yesterday I wondered about adding enough thick cream to make it stirrable, then adding salt, pepper and about 4 egg whites whipped, then baking it into a roulade.

Anyone tried this? Does it work?
    I know somebody who used to incorporate the pulp into a yeast bread. I suppose you could use it in a coconut or almond flour pancake.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    lizch: Really nothing wrong, in my opinion, with tea and coffee. It is just that I can be a slave to either one. For a few years my right index finger had a permanent unalterable crook. Took time without a cup to get that straightened out.

There is the thing about caffeine which bothers some, even though for every piece of research telling how bad it is for your heart there is another passel of cardiologists telling us it keeps us alive better and longer. There is another thing about fermented things (like tea) which bothers others, especially those with fungus problems.

Don't take on any worries that you don't need.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Eatmydust is offline Senior Member
    I juice when in a hurry and don't have time to set and eat my salad( veggies are not my fav)

I have a Montel blender so all pulp stays in drink.... I seem to get more veggies in this way and feel better too..

When I juice I also have fat, either add coconut oil to juicer or I set to eat bacon and eggs with it.

As someone sginature say... no salad without meat or fat
    Last edited by Eatmydust; 10-26-2010 at 04:20 PM.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by periquin View Post
    lizch: Really nothing wrong, in my opinion, with tea and coffee. It is just that I can be a slave to either one. For a few years my right index finger had a permanent unalterable crook. Took time without a cup to get that straightened out.

There is the thing about caffeine which bothers some, even though for every piece of research telling how bad it is for your heart there is another passel of cardiologists telling us it keeps us alive better and longer. There is another thing about fermented things (like tea) which bothers others, especially those with fungus problems.

Don't take on any worries that you don't need.
    Thank goodness...I am British at heart still and need my tea intravenously, to the extent that we imported a British socket and wired it to 220V so we could plug in a British kettle that boils rapidly. So glad to be done waiting for a 110V kettle to boil!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food