Thread: Blood Sugar finally dropped page

simpleman is offline Junior Member

Blood Sugar finally dropped

Hello everyone , I went primal on October 14th, 2010. Before I was taking metphormin and glimepride twice daily to keep my blood sugar level down but it wasn't working. It was over 300 most of the time. I am 6'3 and 219 lbs. Since I made this change my blood sugar has not been over 150 and my fasting levels are under 100. Also I am only taking half of the medicine now.
    It is remarkable how effective this lifestyle is . Not only has my blood sugar improved but I have lost 12lbs. and am now weighing 207.
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for the motivation. You did in 10 days what me and my doctor have not been able to do in 3 yrs.

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations Simpleman,

welcome to your new life.

Grizz is offline Banned
    That is WONDERFUL news !

Best to you,
    Grizz

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    That is awesome! I'm sure the amazing improvement is a good motivator to stick with primal.

Recently I started testing my blood sugar and am very interested in controlling it since it seems to have such a large impact on health. I am not diabetic, but I have a very strong family history, so I'm doing all I can to ensure that I don't follow in the footsteps of others in my family in terms of diabetes.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
    Hello everyone , I went primal on October 14th, 2010. Before I was taking metphormin and glimepride twice daily to keep my blood sugar level down but it wasn't working. It was over 300 most of the time. I am 6'3 and 219 lbs. Since I made this change my blood sugar has not been over 150 and my fasting levels are under 100. Also I am only taking half of the medicine now.
    It is remarkable how effective this lifestyle is . Not only has my blood sugar improved but I have lost 12lbs. and am now weighing 207.
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone here for the motivation. You did in 10 days what me and my doctor have not been able to do in 3 yrs.
    SimpleMan,

Please let us know when you get off of all your meds. I have a neighbor who is suffering type 2 and I want to show him this thread with your success.

Many thanks,
    Grizz

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations

afsjesse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yes, please let us know when you go off all of your meds. My mother is diabetic and this may be inspirational for her to change.