Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else love wrestling shoes? page

erica057 is offline Senior Member

Anyone else love wrestling shoes?

Shop Now
    I've noticed a lot of posts about VFF alternatives. So, I thought I'd share my fave: wrestling boots!

This isn't me but it's a good photo that I found through Google image search that illustrates how flat they are:

Mine are Asics Matflex, I have heard good things about Adidas as well. They are EXTREMELY lightweight with a completely flat sole. And you get a little extra ankle support. I was wearing Nike Frees for a while but switching to shoes that are completely flat made a huge difference.
    My food blog ~ http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I've been looking into them as like every day wear (I'm a fan of high-top converse, so this would be a better option that I maybe could occassionally sprint in...)

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I've been looking into them as like every day wear (I'm a fan of high-top converse, so this would be a better option that I maybe could occassionally sprint in...)
    I prefer them over something like chucks for running because the soles flex.
    My primal success story

"Boxing seems to contain so complete and so powerful an image of life -- life's beauty, vulnerability, despair, incalculable and often self-destructive courage -- that boxing IS life, and hardly a mere game." --Joyce Carol Oates

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I don't run in my cons, I just wear them all the time. I run in swim shoes... the $3 kind.

skink531 is online now Senior Member
    It's been about about a hundred years since I've worn them, but the were comfortable as hell. I was always an asics fan and the original Dan Gable shoes. I would think they would be a good alternative for minimalist footwear for workouts.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    One of the key things I look for in shoes is room to spread my toes.. Not sure wrestling shoes would allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    One of the key things I look for in shoes is room to spread my toes.. Not sure wrestling shoes would allow that.
    Why?
    My primal success story

Quote Originally Posted by erica057 View Post
    Why?
    The whole idea of minimalist shoes is to allow your feet to function naturally.
    Spreading your toes which aligns all the bones in your feet is the most important thing in my opinion..

Check the video on this page http://barefootcanada.org/

lizch is offline Senior Member
    When my daughter was a toddler and walking around barefoot, her toes were splayed so wide that her big toe stuck at right angles out from her foot. Very bizarre to see. Over time, because of shoes, it's been moved into the "proper" position most of the time. Shame!

Sure made me realize that parallel toes are not the natural way while walking.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Monkey Feet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast