Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always hungry? page

PrimalMouse is offline Member

Always hungry?

Im always hungry throughout the day, and when i do eat, it feels like i can never get enough food. Is there something wrong with my leptin levels, or should i just eat more?

Atlas is offline Member
    Well, could you give us some more info. about what you are eating? It's hard to say what is "enough" without having a baseline from which to start.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    You may try more fat with your meals and see if that helps. I know I always feel hungry if I don't have enough fat.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    This happens to me when eating primal as well. For me, I need to eat as much primal food (especially HIGH fat) as I need to satiate the hunger. After a few days, my appetite goes back down. Almost two months in, this continues to be the natural primal cycle for me - days of 2800-3600 calories, followed by days of 1000-1300 calories.

Eat lots of fat. Trust your appetite.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I agree with jammies. I have days where nothing fills me up and then after a while I am back to eating normally again.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zophie View Post
    You may try more fat with your meals and see if that helps. I know I always feel hungry if I don't have enough fat.
    I second this

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Dude I eat so much freaking fat & food there is no way that I should be hungry, but lo & behold I am hungry all the time too.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Fat fat fat fat fat
    Quote Originally Posted by runnergal View Post
    You just didn't define Healthy Whole Grains properly. Many steak recipes refer to cutting "against the grain" when slicing. Therefore beef has grains. If you eat everything on your plate, you have eaten the whole thing. Eating an entire steak is eating healthy whole grains.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    No help, but I only get hungry after fasting for about fifteen hours. Eat. More. Fat.

milkycereal is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try buying a pund of ground beef and make a hamburger, eat it. Rinse + repeat till full. THATS satisfied.

I dont reccomend this every night, but it'll give you something to aim for.

Also practice stopping eating when your no longer hungry, not when your stomach bulging.

ALSO do more during the day. Ever notice when your laying around all day, you get bored-hungry? Get your mind off food mang.

I eat before work, get totally involved in my thang and eventually hunger pangs hit. I eat lunch, stop beign hungry, 3 hours later hunger pangs start again....

On my days off, I workout then sit around on the computer. Between doing nothing and thinking about MDA and eating primally my mind is constantly on food. As soon as I got chill with my homies I stop thinking about food and stop being hungry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast