Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Footwear Insight, shoe trends magazine page

kitoi is offline Senior Member

Footwear Insight, shoe trends magazine

Primal Fuel
    I'm a pedorthist (design and fabricate footwear and related appliances) by trade and get lots of shoe related material every month. Going through the mail I see the new Footwear Insight magazine, thumbing across the pages and I see and article on minimalist running shoes. Basically it's a debate between conventional vs. minimal, nothing that you don't already know but this is geared toward the retailer and how many are jumping on the bandwagon while it's "hot".

There's pictures of 17 styles either on the market currently or soon to be
    Li-Ning/Fremon $85
    New Balance/507 $50
    Saucony/Shay XC $70
    Zoot/Ultra speed $110
    Karha/Racer Fulcrum Ride $115
    ASICS Piranha SP3 $110
    GoLite/Amp Litel $110
    adidas/adiZero Rocket $80
    Mizuno/Universe 3 $120
    Nike/Zoom Streak $70
    Brooks/Mach 12 $65
    Puma/Faas 300
    Merrill/Trail Glove $110
    Scott/T2c $110
    K-Swiss/K-Ruuz $85
    Terra Plana Viva Barefoot/Evo $160
    adidas/adiZero Aegis $120

and another dozen coming out next year.

Will get into my comparison of barefoot vs shoes in new thread, also making a some running sandals to throw into the mix

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Yikes! How could they leave off Chucks???? Cool for over a century.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    Love the look of the Saucony XC 2. I just ordered a pair from Zappos!

Carrie

firefly is offline Junior Member
    love my vibram 5 fingers couldnt run too far in them but for everyday walking etc im in them all time now much better than flip flops

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member
    I like the Merrell Trail Glove so far. Not to mention Merrell's come in wides which fit SO much better.
    "Live Free or Die"

carres1973 is offline Senior Member
    So, I received my Saucony's today (HOORAY for Zappo's and their super fast shipping). However, they are going back :-(. They must run EXTREMELY small. It was like they were the width of children's shoes...and I ordered men's!

Carrie

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    I call garbage on this list. These are not minimalist sneakers. I ordered a pair of the GoLites and they're built up like crazy. The only pair on this list that is minimalist are the Evos. These are better than the truly cushioned sneakers, but these aren't in any way minimalist otherwise. The Merrells may be, but they're not available yet.

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Reena View Post
    I call garbage on this list. These are not minimalist sneakers. I ordered a pair of the GoLites and they're built up like crazy. The only pair on this list that is minimalist are the Evos. These are better than the truly cushioned sneakers, but these aren't in any way minimalist otherwise. The Merrells may be, but they're not available yet.
    I thought the same thing when I saw the photos, also looked at a few at various stores and they look to just scaled down versions of the typical running shoe.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    Minimalist shoes are coming to the golf course as well. These look promising - 2.5mm sole, waterproof. www.truelinkswear.com

SeanC is offline Member
    If you can find them New Balance 790 trail shoes.....they are like slippers..there replacements are the MT101s but the 790s can be worn anywhere...I LOVE THEM....also check out INOV-8 F-lite 195 and the 220. The numbers are their weight in grams!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast