Thread: women: fat / calorie / carb/ amount per day? page

gosurf is offline Junior Member

women: fat / calorie / carb/ amount per day?

Primal Fuel
    question for the women:
    what is your approximate 1) calorie 2)fat 3) carb intake for the day?

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member

misathemeb is offline Member
    depends on the day but my fat is ususally 50-60% then carbs 30% and protein 20%. my carbs are always 100g or under. usually around 70g daily and i'm maintaining my weight at 5'4 114lbs. some days i eat 800-900 cals and others 1500-1700. i just listen to my hunger signals for each particular day

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Usually between 75 and 125g of carbs (slightly more on weightlifting days as I eat lots of carbs and protein PWO)
    Calories... I have no idea... probably somewhere between 2000 and 2500
    Fat ... I dunno, it's lower than what most people here eat though (usually). But I feel lethargic if I eat too much fat.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Adrianne is offline Senior Member
    Well, I am coming off of having lost 100 lbs through CW, which included meticulously counting calories day in and day out for 3 years. I lost the weight in about 1 year, and I've maintained for 2 years. I've just completed 1 whole day (yesterday) and part of today without knowing how many calories I've taken in (literally the first time in nearly 1100 days that I don't know how many calories I've eaten). I do have about 10 mini notebooks full of 3 years worth of daily weight, calories, macros, exercise, and water consumption. In addition to having tracked intake and output on paper, I tracked everything in duplicate on caloriecount.about.com, so I could graph everything. I am trying to let my hunger guide me, rather than the right macronutrient ratios or the clock. Let me tell you, not carrying my notebook with me (my Dumbo feather) is very scary. I feel that I'm ready to move on from accounting for something that should be so basic as eating. At a family gathering last Thanksgiving I was journaling what I ate, and my husband's aunt asked me if I was taking notes on the family. Clearly it's time for me to move on from worrying about calories. haha

In light of all that, I have maintained 5'4" 125lbs on an average of 2000 calories per day (32 years old, btw). Some days I ate up to 4000 non-Primal calories and some days I ate as few as 700 Primal calories. I have been Primal since August and haven't "cheated" or whatever is the right way of referring to it. As far as macronutrient ratios, I feel I can get by on a wide range of breakdowns, but I feel most satiated on 60% fat, 20% protein, 20% carbohydrates, or close to that.

If my protein drops too low, I get hungry. If I eat carbohydrates in the morning, I am hungry all day. For instance, I had eggs in coconut oil and a sweet potato today. Now usually I have only the eggs in coconut oil and skip the sweet potato. Well, the addition of sweet potato has made me mightily hungry; more hungry than if I just hadn't eaten it (or anything) at all. Also, as far as satiety goes, I am finding (with the help of some reading on here) that my body just isn't as satisfied with plant fat as it is with animal fat. I wish I could feel full with avocados, nuts, etc. It just doesn't happen. So for me, it has to be about eating my animals and then think about eating my plants.

Finally, I exercise a bit, so maybe you ought to factor that into your consideration of my caloric needs. I lift full body very heavy weights 3 days per week, for about 90 minutes each day. I also walk some, 4-6 miles on 4-5 days a week. I do HIIT of 20-30 minutes 2 days per week.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I eat between 1600 and 2200 calories most days. Sometimes a little lower, but not often. My ratios end up at 50-60% fat, 20-30% protein and 10-20% carbs. I am usually between 50 and 150 for carbs.

I exercise regularly.

I am about 5'6" and currently weigh about 155 pounds, my goal is to be at about 145. My current BF% is around 29%, I want to get to 20%. I wear a size 14 (US) for pants and a medium or large top. (Not that you asked, but it gives an idea of how to compare )

moo
    moo is offline Senior Member
    Today:

1954 cal
    54% Fat
    41 g carb
    151g Protein
    + glass of organic red wine

low on carbs for me, generally around 60-80, but a pretty standard day overall

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I unintentionally cycle calories. It's just the way my body works.
    Light day:
    cal: ~1200
    Fat: 80 +/- 10 grams
    Carbs: 10- 30 g
    Protein: 40- 60g

Normal day:
    Cal: ~1600
    Fat: 90+/- 20 g
    Carbs: 40-60g
    Protein: 100- 150g

Usual pattern is 2 or 3 normal days then 1 light day.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Last time I entered a day in Fitday I hit about 100g carbs, 80g protein, 200g fat. Came to around 2500 calories.