Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reverse & melt away Heart Disease page 3

primalmaven is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have read that in Dr. Davis's book, as well, recommending statins usually with regard to patients who are pretty far gone, perhaps with a heart attack already.

I wondered about that when I read that as well as his not allowing saturated fats and promoting lean meats. So I said to myself, I am sticking with primal but taking into consideration his supplement ideas that hone in on my particular inflammation markers (C-Reactive Protein, Lp(a), Homocysteine, Apo1000 (sp?). Mark may have written on these too. I am fairly new and there is so much info here.

When I am at my goal weight, I may rethink Dr. Davis' advice if I am still inflammed. But I think giving up grains will do it.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Davis does his best to ELIMINATE statins. Here is one of his typical messages:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Davis
    One of the most common reasons people come to my office is to correct high cholesterol values without [statins such as] Lipitor. (Substitute "Lipitor" with Crestor, simvastatin, Vytorin, or any of the other cholesterol drugs; it's much the same.)

In the world of conventional healthcare, in which you are instructed to follow a diet that increases risk for heart disease and not advised to correct nutrient deficiencies like vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, then a drug like Lipitor may indeed provide benefit.

But when you are provided genuinely effective information on diet, along with correction of nutrient deficiencies, then the "need" and apparent benefits of Lipitor largely dissolve. While there are occasional genetic anomalies that can improve with use of Lipitor and other statins, many, perhaps most, people taking these drugs really would not have to if they were just provided the right information.

Anyone following the discussions on these pages knows that wheat elimination is probably one of the most powerful overall health strategies available. Wheat elimination reduces real measured LDL quite dramatically. Provided you limit other carbohydrates, such as those from fruits, as well, LDL can drop like a stone. That's not what your doctor tells you. This approach works because elimination of wheat and limiting other carbohydrates reduces small LDL. Small LDL particles are triggered by carbohydrates, especially wheat; reducing carbohydrates reduces small LDL. Conventional LDL of the sort obtained in your doctor's office will not show this, since it is a calculated value that appears to increase with reduced carbohydrates, a misleading result.

While I still prescribe statins now and then, a growing number of people are succeeding without them.

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...t-lipitor.html
    It is your typical CW doctor that tries to put everyone on Statins. As everyone can plainly see, Dr. Davis prefers diet to statins.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Davis
    Decreased inflammation--This will be reflected in the crude surface marker, c-reactive protein--Yes, the test that the drug industry has tried to convince you to take statins drugs to reduce. In my view, it is an absurd notion that you need to take a drug like Crestor to reduce risk associated with increased CRP. If you want to reduce CRP to the floor, eliminate wheat and other junk carbohydrates. (You should also add vitamin D, another potent CRP-reducing strategy.)
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...t-happens.html
    Now it should be clear to all that Dr. Davis prefers diet to drugs in MOST CASES. Clearly if there is no other choice he will prescribe statins as a LAST RESORT. Patients have to be FAR GONE before he uses statins. So as usual, Dr. Davis remains my hero.

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 11-01-2010 at 01:13 PM.

primalmaven is offline Junior Member
    This is my understanding as well Grizz. Unfortunately, finding a personal physician with this knowledge has been near impossible, thus I am taking my life and health in my own hands. I use them to run a few tests and pretty much ignore the advice. I have even walked out of the office with a prescription that I never fill. I figure that they have to cover their hind-ends in case I keel over. LOL

I cannot wait to get to goal with great numbers and watch them preen and pat themselves on the back. I may not even tell them the truth. My current Doc is a Harvard graduate for crying out loud. What could I possibly teach him. :0

Grizz is offline Banned
    PrimalMaven,

Please do read the Research Report inks at the bottom of my message. Especially the paragraph, "Dangers of WHEAT" near the top
    Eliminate grains & sugars and the weight will get back to normal, and our health will improve. My wife & I have proved it.

Read this amazing thread:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...little-bonuses

Best to you,
    Grizz

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lojasmo View Post
    Unless you get an angiogram, you will never know. Heartscans are screening tools. Angiogramms are diagnostic.
    I just had an angiogram. After it's over the pain is very strong and lasts for days. It's not something you do if you don't have to, I don't think.

WARunyon is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, but you info on Bill Clinton is bogus. He had open-heart bypass surgery and then in 2010 had 2 stents put in.

From Wikipedia:
    On September 2, 2004, while campaigning for Kerry, Clinton had an episode of angina and was evaluated at Northern Westchester Hospital. It was determined he did not suffer a coronary infarction, and he was sent home, returning the following day for angiography, which disclosed multiple vessel coronary artery disease. He was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City, where he underwent a successful on-pump quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on September 6, 2004. The medical team stated, had he not had surgery, he would have likely suffered a massive heart attack within a few months.[29] As a complication of his heart surgery, Clinton underwent a follow-up surgery on March 10, 2005 for a left pleural effusion, removing scar tissue and fluid from his left chest cavity.[30] He has since recovered.

On February 11, 2010, he was rushed to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York City after complaining of chest pains, and had two coronary stents implanted in his heart.

StephenHLi is offline Senior Member
    This documentary called " The Last Heart Attack " has some more info on Bill Clinton.

The Last Heart Attack -- CNN Dr. Sanjay Gupta full Documentary - YouTube

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you should listen to it again. Mr. Clinton did not say that his plaque was all cleared up, nor that it had been tracked or tested. He said he would like to clear away the plaque.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123