Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reverse & melt away Heart Disease page 2

Grizz is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by ReadyToGrok View Post
    He also recommends to go on statins, eat soy and healthy oils like canola and flaxseed. In fact the only real primal fat I can have is olive oil. He says to limit saturated fat, instead eating lean meats.

I joined the TYP program. Not sure I will stay with it.

Dr Davis seems to be primal-ish, that is it. He does not promote PB.
    Who recommends Statins? Absolutely NOT Dr. Davis!

Grizz

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Them both saying "Yes, diet can reverse heart disease" doesn't make one "evidence" of the other as you said originally... any more than the usual CW advice for heart disease is "evidence"that the Primal Blueprint works. The point is, there's a basic logic gap here.

Anyway. At least everybody seems to agree that diet can help heart disease.

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    I understand that both have had success reversing heart disease. My point was just that using Bill Clinton as an example that Dr. Davis' method works doesn't make sense. If you'd have read MY post you'd see that I agree with much of what he talks about. What's with a lot of the newish people around here telling people to keep quiet if they don't agree with them? Just an FYI but having every 5 work like THIS could be a turnoff for some people. Talking like that doesn't necessarily lend credence to what you're saying.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Y'all are still missing the point. The point being made by both Clinton and Dr. Davis is that heart disease can be REVERSED not just helped.

Reversed means that plaque deposits are dissolved and partial blockages of the arteries melt away by DIET. This revolutionary statement was made on a National TV Show, "The Doctors," and on CNN This represents a slap in the face for the AMA, ADA and medical/drug profession promoting heart surgery, stents, statins and drugs. I was shocked to see such medical "Blasphemy" on National TV that people can reverse heart disease by DIET.

I posted the video please watch it again. Here it is:
    http://www.vegsource.com/news/2010/0...ase-video.html

Go back to message # 1 where I stated that I was skeptical that heart disease could be REVERSED by diet, and was looking for some confirmation of Dr. Davis claims.

We are not comparing PB diet vs Vegan diet. We are simply confirming that diet can actually reverse heart disease.

Best to all,
    Grizz

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I guess the "reverse heart disease with diet" aspect didn't strike me as astounding, revolutionary news considering it's been claimed by various folks and CW authorities since the early 1990s.

It doesn't get much more CW than the CVS site: http://www.cvshealthresources.com/topic/dietandheart
    They mention Ornish of course... and JAMA studies covering both low fat AND Atkins-style diets. "a low-carb diet improved HDL (good) cholesterol and triglyceride levels more than a low-fat diet, but the low-fat diet was better at reducing LDL (bad) cholesterol." etc.

So this isn't exactly a new, slap in the face, ZOMG thing...

leonardotmnt is offline Senior Member
    I think Jenny has it right. Many people were originally responding to your examples and reasoning, not the idea that diet can reverse heart disease because many of us don't think this is breaking news.

Grizz is offline Banned
    I think it was extremely unusual to see such claims made on National TV Prime Time..

Grizz

ReadyToGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Who recommends Statins? Absolutely NOT Dr. Davis!

Grizz
    Absolutely he does. I used the tool on the website to build my plan and it told me to talk to my Dr. about using statins to get to the target level of LDL.

Honest.

Also saw someone else got that advice from Dr. Davis on the PaNu blog: www.paleonu.com
    Last edited by ReadyToGrok; 10-27-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added link
    My PB Journal
    Started June 2010

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    A low fat diet will, IMO, shorten your life. However, most all cardiologists favor it.

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Unless you get an angiogram, you will never know. Heartscans are screening tools. Angiogramms are diagnostic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast