Thread: My own WOW - The Subway Sprint! page

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield

Talking My own WOW - The Subway Sprint!

Primal Fuel
    No, nothing to do with running to an el crappo sarnie shop - I'm tallking about an underpass (whatever you call them in the US).

I don't really have any hills that I can sprint up round here (it's hilly, but the last time I tried running up a steep road, I nearly sent an old lady flying, so I'm not gonna be attempting that again!)

So, I thought, we have a subway, what about using that...?

So, I've been doing it just with my own bodyweight (too easy!) so I've been filling my backpack with 500g weights for a bit more effort; I don't know how long it is from one side to the other, but I can do it (b/w only) in about 15 seconds; with added resistance weight, about 20 or so (I'm up to about 4kg added weight so far - not much, but, it's enough) and I'm at MHR by the time I hit the other side. Recovery time is reducing, but not as quickly as I'd like.

I tried doing the stairs sprint at the station yesterday (killing time waiting for my train) but the, obviously NOT Primal, security guard threatened to remove me! The bridge across the platforms is good for sprinting down, too (though it's not very long)

Too wet for me to go out again today (reet parky it is, too - brass monkeys an' all that...)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Excellent!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    I tried doing the stairs sprint at the station yesterday (killing time waiting for my train) but the, obviously NOT Primal, security guard threatened to remove me!
    What was the rationale there??
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Probably afraid she'd run into other folks, Velocity.
    S_V, I'm glad you've found a way to get your sprints. I'm really happy for you, making the turn around from be THIS close to bailing and then turning around and giving PB all you can, given your circumstances. I'm just happy you found a way to make it work for YOU, 'cause that's part of what PB is.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Probably afraid she'd run into other folks, Velocity.
    Sure, but I know I wouldn't even consider doing sprints if the subway had any respectable amount of foot traffic.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You know that, I know that, S_V knows that, but c'mon, this is a security guard. He needed something to do.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sarah, good for you!