Thread: It's time! page

SenseiSalmonCake is offline Junior Member

It's time!

Shop Now
    Hello all! I've been reading MDA for the past six months, have the cookbook and read the book but haven't been fully committed. I had a sort of epiphany yesterday as I was out walking, got caught in a torrential downpour and had to "sprint" a half mile back home (I'm in no shape to run 10 feet, let alone a half mile). As I was doing a walk/jog/hobble hybrid to get towards shelter, I kept hearing those words from the Primal Blueprint Fitness book ringing in my head: "Every man [or woman] should be able to save his own life." Yes, it was rain and not, say...zombies, I was trying to get away from, but HAD IT BEEN zombies, it was a hard-hitting realization to know that I'd be the first to get eaten. I, as I am right now, am not able to save my own life. So, it's time. If the need ever arises, I want to be able to kick zombie ass. That said, I'm very excited to become a member of the MDA forum and I can't wait to post a full body shot and stats on here when I'm brave enough or look good enough, whichever comes first.

Your location: Sunny, flat SoFL

Age (If you want): Hopefully older than I look; definitely younger than I feel.

How Primal are you: On and off the Primal Path for the past 6 months. On the path, I feel wonderful. Off the path, blech! I'm committing to going fully primal and starting with this post. Life is too short to feel unhealthy.

Do you consume dairy: No, recently found out I was allergic to casein. Used to be addicted to cheese but now, it's just kinda gross. Used to hate bacon but now consider it the food of the gods (along with avocados and garlic). Miss Greek yogurt terribly but I'm okay now that I found So Delicious refrigerated coconut milk and yogurts. lol

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love tea; don't understand the appeal of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten, grain and casein allergies--not to mention extreme carb sensitivities--and always being sick made me realize it's time to get off the crazy carb train. Also, just have to get off my a**. Its time to get in shape. I want to get married next year and I'd like to look hot doing it.

Favorite exercise: Dancing and yoga (yes, dancing and yoga), hiking anywhere I can find something with elevation to it/finding things to climb over, walking "barefoot" but with some type of covering because pedicures are too expensive to really Grok it when it comes to lady feet. Oh, and I love the Insanity workouts even though I usually want to puke afterwards.

Favorite Primal food: Carb-free salmon cakes! Avocados, B.A.S. (must have meat to qualify as a proper salad).

Best part about being Primal: It just feels right physically. Learning to have fun and not take life, diet, exercise and, most importantly, conventional "wisdom" so seriously is incredibly freeing and much more motivating.

Worst part about being Primal: I will bathe, wash my hair and wear deodorant with reckless mainstream abandon, no matter what the die-hards grunt.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree (see sig)! You seriously never know when the zombies will arrive. The dead are just lying in wait, I tellya. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here.

That reminds me -- I heard an interview with Johnny Depp one time and he said his workout goal was to be able to run away from LA for at least 15 miles carrying his then-tiny child... so as the kid got older, this would get tougher. Lift Heavy Things and Sprint combo, I guess!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Ha ha ha...I'd have stated that Worst Part 3 months ago too, very emphatically. I do still bathe (of course...not sure anyone here is not bathing at all?) but no deodorant, no shampoo, and no soap other than one particular place (that I will leave to your imagination).

Primal infects you, gets under your skin, changes your brain....never say never

Welcome!!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Thanks for the welcome Jenny...and yeah, you NEVER know! Gotta be ready for anything, whether its a zombie attack, escaping from LA with your kid strapped to your back or just a Florida rain storm. Good luck with your pregnancy!

LOL Liz, thanks for the welcome too! And you're right, never say never! I meant to say, "bathe with soap..." I use Tom's and Dr. B's - that's as "natural" as I've gotten so far.