Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instant berry ice cream page

maba is offline Senior Member

I just made this and it tasted so good that I had to share it here. After having BAS for lunch, I wanted dessert. I remembered the frozen berry medley I had got from Trader Joe's a few months ago and I also had about 1/4 cup of coconut milk left from using it for some other dish. I whizzed them both in a blender and ended up with one of the best ice creams I've eaten.

Recipe:

1.5 C frozen berries

1/4 C coconut milk (more or less)

Blend the above 2 in a blender till the consistency resembles ice-cream. Transfer to a bowl and enjoy without any guilt.

DaveFish is offline Junior Member

Just finished my workout and I'm going to try this with blueberries!

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Ooh I JUST had my strawberry coconut ice cream It's exactly the same as above, just with some vanilla extract added. Yum

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

This is the same sort of thing I do for my smoothies. I just use more liquid, then I can drink it through a straw. Which is pretty much all I want to do when I'm wilting in the heat, like today.

(thinking...meat smoothie?...nooo)

I just made another batch and sprinkled some cocoa on it while eating. Next time, I'll try adding the cocoa while blending the berries. Berry-cocoa ice cream tastes great. Make only the amount you'll eat at a time as the texture will change if you freeze or refrigerate it.

I think this a great dinner party dessert idea, if it's a small group. You ask your guests what fruit flavored ice-cream they want and blend the frozen fruit with CM and serve it to them.

sofiawahaj Guest

After reading this post, I ran downstairs and made something similar w/ frozen banana, coconut milk, and coconut butter! I love coconut butter - it has nice chunks in it and adds intense flavor!

Sofia, where do you coconut butter? Is it available in grocery stores or do you get them online?

Agnieszka Guest

Yummy!

fritchbeetle is offline Junior Member

This sounds awesome! I'm so excited to try it!! Thanks Maba!

sofiawahaj Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I got coconut butter at the PCC (it's like whole food). You MUST get some and use in smoothies or spread on fruit or primal "toast" or pancakes - anywhere you would use almond butter - it's seriously so so so so so so good and yummy! I use to use coconut oil, and then decided to splurge and try this and boy am I glad! It's totally different and think and like a nut butter, but coconut. With really intense flavor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast