Thread: what has better protein than meat, fish or eggs? page

transylvanian.girl is offline Junior Member

what has better protein than meat, fish or eggs?

Primal Fuel
    I got this today in dr. mercola's newsletter. What do you guys think of it from a primal perspective?
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...y-protein.aspx

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well, I suppose if you strictly want protein, it's an option. However, if you're looking for vitamins, minerals, delicious mouth-coating fat and all around yumminess, meat wins hands down.

I use whey protein occasionally- usually as a breakfast on-the-go, but I definitely would prefer bacon and eggs any day. Real food rocks.

rockrunner Guest
    I think I will try to invent Bacon powder in a can...it sounds better than that stuff.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Am I missing something here? He says whey protein isolate is bad because it removes the fat and fat-related molecules. But as far as I can tell, the concentrate version he prefers has just 2.5 grams of fat for every 25 of protein.

Compare with whole milk which is even on the fat/protein ratio... I know it's higher carb too, but if his point is that milk fat and fat-related molecules in milk are good, the concentrate doesn't sound particularly amazing.

And even aside from that, for people who are otherwise avoiding dairy, presumably the isolate would be better since it's not so full of lactose.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Ori has a scary ass voice. That's all I took away from that.

I find the reliance on whey isolate to be kind of annoying. I guess you can't always eat a big steak and follow it up with berries and cottage cheese though ... that should be a thread: Biggest protein containing whole-food meals... somebody get on that!

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    First and foremost, I'm pretty sure this is my first post in almost 3 months here

Second, I don't really trust much of Ori's statements anymore. I followed his Warrior Diet before going fully primal and in retrospect, a lot of his statements are based on mythically-based evaluations rather than scientific evidence (e.g., he promoted eating beans because the Roman gladiators ate them). The article itself is pretty dirty. It starts off extolling Ori as an "expert" without actually backing up the claim. How is he an expert? What makes in an expert?

In other words, all those sources of protein are great. Whey is a processed food, and from what we know, the more whole the food is, the better it is. Eat your eggs, fish, and meat, and stop sweating the minute details
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrunner View Post
    I think I will try to invent Bacon powder in a can...it sounds better than that stuff.

Someone's been there, done that!

Introducing Tac Bac - Tactical Canned Bacon!

http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/zombies/c399/

Probably full of nasties, but it has been done!
    La tristesse durera toujours...