Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for sample daily menu from currently fit groks and grokettes page

gosurf is offline Junior Member

looking for sample daily menu from currently fit groks and grokettes

Primal Fuel
    i'd like to see specifics on daily diets of those who have maintained their current fitness level for awhile, particularly women - just a day's sample menu.
    But men,too, are welcome!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast ~10 AM (at least an hour and a nice walk after a workout if it is a workout day):

3 slices of pork belly and
    5 eggs scrambled in the fat

OR

Leftovers

BOTH WITH

bowl of modified cottage cheese (1/3 - 1/2 cup of dry curd cottage cheese with 2 - 3 tablespoons of sour cream and a splash of whipping cream)
    vegetable smoothie (1/4 cup blueberries; 2 - 3 handfuls of baby spinach; a couple slices of carrot, celery, other greens; 1 tbsp coconut milk; 1 tbsp plain yogurt; water)
    (maybe) 1 small slice of cantaloupe or a few grapes or strawberries or other fruit
    1 tbsp fish oil
    3000 IU liquid vitamin D3
    25mg zinc
    magnesium (forget how much one dose is)

Dinner ~6 PM
    9 - 12 oz. roast beef
    romaine lettuce, other raw veggies.
    1 tbsp fish oil

OR

Meat sauce over zucchini, red onion and peppers fried in olive oil, garlic and other spices.
    1 tbsp fish oil

Kinda like that.
    Last edited by Grumpycakes; 10-22-2010 at 11:51 PM.

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast...

Eggs / Meat ( veal, lamb, bison, beef, pork ) cooked in coconut oil.
    Raw veggies ( arugula, spinach with olive oil and balsamic vinegar )
    Handful of nuts ( almonds, pistachios, walnuts, brazil nuts )
    Tea

Lunch..

Fowl ( Chicken, Turkey, Duck )
    Raw veggies ( Cabbage, parsley )
    Tea

Mid evening..

A bowl of raw goat's yogurt or kefir or occasionally a glass of raw goat's milk.
    1 banana or handful of red grapes or berries.

Dinner..

Fish ( Sardines, Cod, Mackerel, Oysters )
    Cooked vegetables ( broccoli, kale ) lightly stirfried in coconut oil.
    Small serving of sweet potato or yams. ( Occasional )
    Glass of portwine or red wine.
    Chunk of 90% dark chocolate.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you loosened the criteria of your question! When I read the first one, I thought to myself "in a way, I hope I'm NOT here (on this forum) in a year, because this way of life will be so the default that it would be like visiting a How to Breathe forum".

I've been weight stable for 5 weeks at the lowest I've ever been, and a weight I do not want to drop from. I've been toning up these past few weeks, without adding any weight, so I suppose from that point of view I'm still a work in progress.

Typical day yesterday:
    2 slices bacon
    2 eggs
    1 onion
    1 small tomato
    1/4 green pepper

Left over chicken curry & brussel sprouts for lunch

Chili with spinach and 1/4 of a potato for dinner. Small glass red wine.

Snacks: maybe 10 almonds through the day? 1oz 99% choc.
    Drinks: Tea & decaf coffee (with whole milk) and green tea, throughout the day.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I've maintained about 15-17% bodyfat (female) all summer on lots of "play" but few formal workouts. (During winter I work out intensively; during summer I do a lot of outdoor work and play). I lost some strength toward the end of this summer, but did not gain bodyfat. I credit this to diet (thank you PB!)

Breakfast: BAS with spinach, miscellaneous veggies, canned tuna or salmon, and dressing made with Carlson's fish oil.

Lunch: Usually dinner leftovers OR any two of the following -- kippered herring, 2 HB eggs, half an avocado, sliced veggies, piece of fruit, handful of nuts, spoonful of coconut cream concentrate.

Dinner: Protein and veggies cooked with fat. This could be tomatoes, garlic, onions, and olive oil roasted in the oven and served over sausage and zucchini "noodles;" OR lamb chops with mint pesto, green beans, and sweet potato with butter; OR slow cooked pork shoulder and steamed broccoli with butter; OR Thai fish soup made with coconut milk and veggies; etc.

The above is for weekdays. On weekends, I'm liable to have bacon and a veggie omelette for breakfast, BAS with fish for lunch, and a similar dinner.

Snacks and desserts are rare, but might consist of a little 99% chocolate, a spoonful of almond butter, some berries with cream, or half a baked apple.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 10-23-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    @liz, Wow, I hope to be YOU in a few more months of hard work.... fabulous!

I am " Fit" I have alot of muscle, I am in the process of shedding the rest of the fluffiness to reveal the hard work. I believe the modified paleo/primal works, and will have me to my goals by January 1 2011

Typical day:
    Wake- drink a glass of cold water, hot black coffee
    Workout
    PW: Handful of raw greens, scoop egg protein powder, frozen berries liquid d and fish oil ( tangerine flavored) 2T coconut oil and almond milk blended into a smoothie- * On Sundays or on resting days, I will have eggs, bacon, cooked in lard/bacon grease or coconut oil

Snack if hungry: lean deli meat and handful of nuts, apple, tea

D: either grassfed or pastured animal of choice, large salad, or mashed cauliflower, sauteed onions, mushrooms etc to accomany animal meat.

Occasional dark chocolate square and I have red wine a few nights a week. I try to drink wine only on days that I have worked out.

gosurf is offline Junior Member
    thanks, I'd love to see more! The reason I ask to see currently fit and maintaining is just to see "proof" versus people who are still losing weight.

misathemeb is offline Member
    typical day for me:

B: 2-3 eggs or a chia seed smoothie with almond milk
    L: collards or kale with bacon, carrots, mushrooms dressed in EVOO/apple cider vinegar OR squash and tuna/other protein
    D: spaghetti squash with meatballs, steak and cauliflower mash, roast chicken and zuke/onions etc (dinner is always fried in coconut oil or dressed with tahini or other source rich in fat)

I hardly ever snack but if I need a little something, I'll drink some coconut milk or eat some raw nuts. I'm maintaining my weight with no problems at 5'4 114lbs eating like this. my carbs are usually under 100g per day and fat is 50-60% of my intake

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    B: 1 coconut flour muffin, or just IF
    L: BAS w/ some type of leafy greens, some form of protein (usually chopped cold meat), avocado, tomato, nuts, onion, peppers
    D: Baked or pan-fried meat, cooked vegetables, sometimes fruit or tubers as well

*dessert (occasionally): fruit, nuts, greek yogurt or whipped cream

Snacks: usually pieces of cheese, pistachios, or coconut flour muffins
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    gosurf....

There are MANY people here that are very fit and have been eating this way for a LONG time. Look at Mark Sisson for example you don't need any more PROOF than that! There are also numerous paleo blogs on the web that folks have pictures posted of how ripped to the core they are. Don't question it, DO IT. There is plenty of evidence to support this way of eating as extremely healthy. Don't get sucked in to the Conventional Wisdom out there.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast