Thread: Coconut Oil - Adding to snacks? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

Coconut Oil - Adding to snacks?

Primal Fuel
    If I wanted to add coconut oil to snacks such as cottage cheese or kefir, would I just have to heat up the coconut oil in the microwave and then simply pour it on the snack? (does it taste good?!)

Thanks for any suggestions!
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried it but I bet it would taste good!

Probably better then the microwave would be to drop it in a pan on the stove for a second or even easier would be to run a little hot water in your bowl to heat up the bowl a little, pour the water out and drop the oil in, let it melt then stir in your cottage cheese or whatever. Coconut oil melts REALLY easily so just getting your bowl warm should do it!

jarnapal is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    If I wanted to add coconut oil to snacks such as cottage cheese or kefir, would I just have to heat up the coconut oil in the microwave and then simply pour it on the snack? (does it taste good?!)

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Heat it in the microwave ? Don't do that.

Why you have to heat it ? It's quite soft in room temperature. If it doesn't taste good then it's not that good coconut oil you have gotten either.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think it will solidify and get all lumpy the moment you add it to the cold cottage cheese. In my experience, it only works well if you add it to warm foods.
    You don't have to use a microwave. You can put it in a small pyrex bowl and heat it on a coffee maker.