Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log! page

Carla is offline Member

Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log!

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone! I’m 32.5 weeks pregnant and I’d like to finish up my pregnancy with a close to 100% clean diet.

I participated in September’s 30 day challenge in this log. I was eating pretty badly during the beginning of my pregnancy but cleaning up my diet helped me in so many ways. My exhaustion went away and I was able to have better workouts. I just felt a whole lot better in general! It made me realize that a lot of symptoms that I was having and blaming on my pregnancy were really just related to my diet.

I’m not cutting or reducing fruit from my diet and I will occasionally have potatoes or rice if I’m feeling particularly hungry. I’m mainly focused on eliminating the sugar and wheat from my diet as these are the items I tend to overindulge in that make me feel cruddy.

I’ve decided to finish logging the last 7.5 weeks of my pregnancy here to help keep me focused and accountable…

Friday - 10/22/2010: Day 1

Food:

9am: From Starbucks – grande whole milk latte

10am: pork jerky

11:45am: handful of macadamia nuts

1pm: jalapeno monterrey jack cheese, 4 clementine oranges

7:30pm: from Houston's - side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, & blue cheese dressing, 1/2 rack pork ribs, sauteed red cabbage topped w/ goat cheese, spaghetti squash sauteed w/ mushrooms topped w/ parmesan cheese, 3 Clementine oranges

Cheats:

None

Activity:

6am:

DL: 5-5-5-5
    85-105-115-125

Then

40 slam ball – 20#
    35 squats w/ 20# db
    500m row
    35 squats w/ 20# db
    40 slam ball – 20#

Completed in 12:43
    Last edited by Carla; 10-22-2010 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    Saturday - 10/23/2010: Day 2

Food:

9am: 2 cups coffee w/ half and half, pan fried beef cheek topped w/ an egg fried in butter and homemade salsa, 3 Clementine oranges

11:30am: leftovers from Houston's - 1/2 rack of pork ribs, sauteed red cabbage, several large handfuls of pistachios

4:30pm: baked kale chips w/ sesame seeds, cheese

7:30pm: chicken sausage w/ sauerkraut, several handfuls of pistachios, 3 Clementine oranges

Cheats:

None

Activity:

None
    Last edited by Carla; 10-23-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Hey there -- I'm at 31.5 weeks but they're pulling my kid out a week early, so we're probably due around the same time. :) Sounds like you're doing much better than I am on the eating and exercise fronts though! Wow. I'm impressed.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Carla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hey there -- I'm at 31.5 weeks but they're pulling my kid out a week early, so we're probably due around the same time. Sounds like you're doing much better than I am on the eating and exercise fronts though! Wow. I'm impressed.
    Hey Jenny! Congrats on your pregnancy and thanks for commenting! Is this your first? It's my first. Do you have a log? So exciting to find other primal pregnant woman on here!

Carla is offline Member
    I was very hungry this morning!!! In the next month my little girl is supposed to be gaining about 1/2 a pound per week...

Tomorrow I'm having my work baby shower so I have a planned cheat for lunch. I'm allowing myself to eat the cake and sandwiches that they are going to serve but I'll be strict for breakfast and dinner!

Sunday - 10/24/2010: Day 3

7:30am: large cup of coffee w/ heavy whipping cream

9:30am: beef cheek scrambled with 2 eggs in butter, 3 Clementine oranges, 1 medium banana

12pm: jalapeņo cheese, strawberries

2:30pm: chicken and vegetable soup, salad of raw kale, cabbage, onion, olive oil and vinegar, jalapeņo cheese

7:30pm: chicken and vegetable soup, salad of raw kale, cabbage, onion, olive oil and vinegar, 5 homemade oatmeal cookies, glass of whole milk

Cheats:

5 homemade oatmeal cookies

Activity:

None
    Last edited by Carla; 10-24-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I do, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ptability-quot , but I haven't been keeping up with it. It's mostly me whining about being unable to eat much and drinking too much milk. Heheh. Hmm, I'll go update it right now though.

This is baby #2 so I know my lack of appetite is typical for me regardless of how I eat. I lost 40 pounds last time and i'm down 30 so far this time. Thankfully that means I also know my baby doesn't starve even if I do -- my daughter was almost 10 pounds! Egads! So I try not to guilt out about it.

Yep, now is the time for our kids to really fatten themselves up. Make sure you're getting plenty of omega 3 for her. :) Vitamin D is great stuff too -- pregnant women seldom get enough and there are a lot of studies recently suggesting we up our intake to reduce birth complications, etc.
    Last edited by Jenny; 10-24-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: journal link

Carla is offline Member
    I feel like I've been doing nothing but eat today!! I broke down and made some oatmeal cookies because they just sounded so good! They were made with oats, almond flour, butter, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla! I finally feel satisfied today after having 5 of those with milk...

@Jenny - Thanks for your journal link! I'll check it out tomorrow. I wouldn't worry about whether you are gaining or losing weight as long as your baby is growing on track. I haven't been gaining the pound a week that I'm supposed to be gaining but she is still growing as she should be! I'm getting my vitamin D by spending time outside in the sun and I'm supplementing with fish oil on the weeks that I'm not eating sardines or salmon. Looking forward to discussing preggo stuff with you over the next 7 weeks!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I'm getting my vitamin D by spending time outside in the sun and I'm supplementing with fish oil on the weeks that I'm not eating sardines or salmon. Looking forward to discussing preggo stuff with you over the next 7 weeks!
    It's recommended that pregnant women get 4,000 IU of D daily:
    http://www.grassrootshealth.net/press/92-press-20100430

• depending on levels, more or less may be required.
    • very few will get any appreciable D from sun this time of year
    • fish oil doesn't have vitamin d, though sardines and salmon do have some

Directlabs.com is offering D testing for $38 right now (for the rest of the month) and they do use labcorp. LabCorp and ZRT are preferred over Quest for D testing.

I have some linked documents (sig line) that may be helpful.

All the best,
    Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Carla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    It's recommended that pregnant women get 4,000 IU of D daily:
    http://www.grassrootshealth.net/press/92-press-20100430

• depending on levels, more or less may be required.
    • very few will get any appreciable D from sun this time of year
    • fish oil doesn't have vitamin d, though sardines and salmon do have some

Directlabs.com is offering D testing for $38 right now (for the rest of the month) and they do use labcorp. LabCorp and ZRT are preferred over Quest for D testing.

I have some linked documents (sig line) that may be helpful.

All the best,
    Katherine
    Hey Cillakat! Thanks for the information and resources... I will check them out!

So do you think that supplementing about 5,000 IU of D3 on days that I don't get sun be sufficient? I'm in south Texas so the sun is still pretty strong here. I was out for 20 minutes yesterday. I was 88 degrees around noon and I have tan lines from just those 20 minutes...

Carla is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had my work baby shower today! I got lots of great stuff but I was REALLY BAD with the food!!!

Monday - 10/25/2010: Day 4

11:30am: From the Dessert Gallery: 1 chicken salad sandwich on ciabatta bread (salad made w/ chicken, mayo, pecans, cranberries & blue cheese), ranch doritos, pasta salad, 1 slice chocolate cake w/ cream cheese icing.

8pm: salad of raw kale, cabbage, onions, olive oil, & vinegar, 2 eggs scrambled in butter w/ dried shredded beef (carne seca), 1 slice chocolate cake w/ cream cheese icing (leftover from shower)

Cheats:

*ciabatta bread
    *doritos
    *pasta salad
    *2 slices chocolate cake

Activity:

None - I caught a cold this weekend so I'm trying to get better before I hit the gym again...
    Last edited by Carla; 10-26-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast