Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log!

Shop Now
    Pizza and Doritos! Avoid, avoid the triangular temptresses! Their orange-stained wiles lead only unto... Uh... Well my joke-analogy brain stopped right there, so sad.

I pumped at work and it can be challenging for sure. I'm lucky I have a private office... Also got a cheap tiny fridge so I didn't have to be carrying milk bags to the nasty fridge in the kitchen.

And washing pump parts in the equally-nasty kitchenette? With nosy coworkers? No thanks! Soooo convenient to just wipe the parts, pop them in a ziploc in the fridge, use again when its time, and then just wash them at home at the end of the day.

Well, DAY 1 of my re-commitment to healthy eating was a success! Feeling good but still ravenous!!!!

Friday - 11/12/2010: DAY 2

Food:

6:30am: medium half & half latte

10:30am: 4 egg omelet cooked in butter w/ cheddar cheese slices

to be continued...

Cheats:

None

Activity:

5am

Warm-up:

1000m row
    Completed in 4:51

8 push-ups - on knees
    10 squats
    8 ring dips - using 1.5" band
    3 rounds

Work-out:

10 kipping pull-ups
    20 push-ups - incline off of a 20" box
    30 squats
    4 rounds (only did 5 pull-ups on last round due to blood blister that formed on my palm...)

Completed in 26:00

Wow! Looks like you are kicking butt for your Day 1! Great job!

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Hey Carla -- how's pregnancy going? How are you?
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Hey girl!!! I'm good! I just got tired of logging my food... Things just got really busy and I'm enjoying reading more than writing! I'm still on track to deliver on 12/12. No signs of an early delivery... Eating is good. I stopped my CF workouts last week and have switched to walking and LOTS of housework and organizing!!!

How are you? Any new news?

Shop Now
    Yeah, when you get to this stage I imagine there isn't a ton of primal-ness to log. But arguably nesting is primal too!

I'm having sharp contractions every 10 minutes for about 20 hours a day, for a few weeks now. Not very fun but A) it's not labor and B) baby's fine, so I guess it doesn't REALLY matter.

By the way, I can tell you from experience that last time I got much better sleep AFTER the baby showed up than just beforehand. You're much more physically comfortable than you are at 9 months pregnant, and that makes a huge difference. So don't believe all those people who snark about how sleepless you'll be.

... I mean, you WILL be tired still due to interruptions. But you'll get quality sleep in between wakings -- make sense?

Definitely drop in and post again when you're enbabyfied, would you? Looking forward to it!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."