Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log! page 3

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Exciting time, isn't it? Had any sonograms lately? (I always consider them sort of a fun way to "visit" the baby. Like a prison visit!)

... 9 hours of sleep?! How are you managing that? Do you sleepwalk to go pee?

Man, all that bacon sounds good. Wish I liked it. Everybody else seems to; I must be missing out!

Carla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Exciting time, isn't it? Had any sonograms lately? (I always consider them sort of a fun way to "visit" the baby. Like a prison visit!)

... 9 hours of sleep?! How are you managing that? Do you sleepwalk to go pee?

Man, all that bacon sounds good. Wish I liked it. Everybody else seems to; I must be missing out!
    No sonograms since the 20 week visit where they checked that the baby was okay. All my visits since then have just consisted of them measuring externally to make sure she is growing.

9 hours straight is RARE! I usually have to get up but lately I've been trying to drink a lot of water during the day and then not drink anything 2 hours before bedtime. That helps...

It's tempting to limit water intake before bed, but I find I don't really feel right if I do that. Then again I love water.

They're kicking it up a notch with us -- starting next week we'll have weekly quick sonos to measure and check fluid levels. They didn't do that with DD #1 though -- they keep telling me not to worry about the contractions, but then mentioned the sonos in that context, so seems like that's what is making them extra cautious.

You and your exercise have inspired me to get my pool stuff together again. I haven't actually _gone_ to the pool but I plan/want to, and that's the first step. If I could just get myself to do a couple times a week before Baby Day, my abs will be that much better able to deal with it post c-section (or so I imagine.) As it is I'm far too whiny and chilly to go walking like we used to so... we'll see how that goes. The pool is heated, which is nice.

Carla is offline Member
    Tuesday- 11/2/2010: Day 12

Food:

9am - cup of coffee w/ half & half, 8 mini chocolate biscotti

1pm - From BBQ restaurant - 1 1/4 sausage links

2pm - handful of macadamia nuts

7pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes)

Cheats:

*8 mini chocolate biscotti

Activity:

None

Carla is offline Member
    Wednesday - 11/3/2010: Day 13

Food:

5am - several handfuls of red grapes

8am - small half & half decaf latte

10:45am - 6 slices bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/ 1/2 red bell pepper

11:30am - 1 medium apple w/ peanut butter

4:45pm - handful of macadamia nuts

7pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes), 3/4 sausage link added into stew

Cheats:

None

Activity:

6:30am:

Warm-up:

400m run
    KB skill work - 8kg

Workout:

1 minute each (score is total reps per round):
    Row for calories
    Kipping pull-ups
    Slam ball - 12#
    Front squat - 55#
    Rest
    4 rounds

56, 55, 58, 58
    Last edited by Carla; 11-04-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    Thursday- 11/4/2010: Day 14

Food:

9am - 1 cup coffee w/ half & half, 5 mini chocolate biscotti

12pm - beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes)

2pm - handful of macadamia nuts, couple handfuls of red grapes

8:30pm - salad of spinach, cucumber, carrots, olive oil & red wine vinegar, beef stew (beef, red/yellow/orange bell peppers, onion, garlic, beef broth, carrots, & tomatoes), small slice flour-less chocolate torte

Cheats:

*5 mini chocolate biscotti
    *small slice flour-less chocolate torte

Activity:

6:30pm

Warm-up:

400m run
    miscellaneous exercises w/ 10 & 15# plate

Work-out:

AMRAP in 15 minutes:
    15 jumping pull-ups
    Run ~150m
    10 wall-ball - 10#

Completed 6 2/3 rounds
    Last edited by Carla; 11-05-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Adding food & activity for the day.

What type of bar are you using for rows? (assuming you don't mean rowing machine)

I've been reading a lot about DIY gym equipment lately in relation to rows. Seems like that might be a good gateway exercise to pull-ups later.

Carla is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    What type of bar are you using for rows? (assuming you don't mean rowing machine)

I've been reading a lot about DIY gym equipment lately in relation to rows. Seems like that might be a good gateway exercise to pull-ups later.
    It is a rowing machine I use. Rowing for calories is just a way that I can count something for the 1 minute interval of that workout.

Rowing has been a great substitute for running. I can still run but sometimes it is uncomfortable on the bladder!

Another good gateway into pull-ups is getting some iron woody bands. I used these on my pull-up bar prior to getting my pull-ups. They help take off some weight while you build up your upper body strength...

Yep, have some bands now. Haven't tried them yet but I expect they'll help!

Carla is offline Member
    Friday- 11/5/2010: Day 15

Food:

8am - 1 cup coffee w/ half & half

12pm - From Broadway Daily Bread Bakery: salad of spinach, bacon, turkey, ham, blue cheese, onions, avocado, olive oil & vinegar dressing, 1 large oatmeal & chocolate chip cookie

8pm - salad of spinach, carrots, cucumbers, grilled Italian sausage, and spicy creamy dressing, handful of macadamia nuts

11pm - 1 brownie (from broadway daily bread), glass of skim milk (I was so hungry! Got out of bed for this... )

Cheats:

*1 large oatmeal & chocolate chip cookie
    *1 brownie

Activity:

None
    Last edited by Carla; 11-05-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast