Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carla's Primal Pregnancy Log! page 2

Carla is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Tuesday - 10/26/2010: Day 5

7am: a few slices of cheese

9:30am: 1 flavia cappuccino

1pm: From Treebeards: chicken fried chicken, roasted brussel sprouts, baked butternut squash

3:30pm: handful of macadamia nuts

8pm: 3 eggs scrambled in butter, a few slices of Brie, salad of raw kale, cabbage, onion, olive oil, and vinegar, 4 Clementine oranges

Cheats:

*breading from fried chicken

Activity:

None - Still feeling sick...
    Last edited by Carla; 10-26-2010 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    I am feeling MUCH better today! 4 days of doing nothing has really helped get rid of this cold... Yea!

Wednesday - 10/27/2010: Day 6

8am: From Harry's - 1 cup coffee w/ half and half, 3 eggs scrambled w/ sausage, tomatoes, green onions, potatoes, & cheese

10:30am: "think thin" gluten free chocolate fudge bar

12:30pm: a few slices jalapeno cheese, handful of macadamia nuts

4:30pm: small plate of fruit - grapes, watermelon, & pineapple

7pm: From Chuy's Mexican Grill: corn tortilla chips w/ salsa, bowl of tortilla soup (chicken broth, chicken, avocado, cheese, onions, tortilla strips), 4 clementine oranges

Cheats:

*corn tortilla chips

Activity:

5am

Warm-up:

800m row
    snatch skills w/ PVC pipe

Work-out:

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
    3 hang snatch - 35#
    12 OHS - 35#
    350m row

Completed 5 rounds
    Last edited by Carla; 10-27-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Hey Cillakat! Thanks for the information and resources... I will check them out!

So do you think that supplementing about 5,000 IU of D3 on days that I don't get sun be sufficient? I'm in south Texas so the sun is still pretty strong here. I was out for 20 minutes yesterday. I was 88 degrees around noon and I have tan lines from just those 20 minutes...
    Have a look at my d document (click 'my google docs' in sig line)

I don't think it's enough. Twenty minutes won't do it - full body exposure (bikini) on both sides to the point just before a burn occurs is just about the right amount. For me, that's 25 min each side at the beginning of the 'season' (Atlanta) and 45+ minutes each side as i get darker. That's at least an hour and a half midday sun once I'm tan.

D deficiency - it's not worth risking your baby's brain:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17920208

Cannel's Vitamin D Theory of Autism
    http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/healt...y-autism.shtml

Vitamin D and the brain (developing and otherwise)
    http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/healt...nd-brain.shtml

Vitamin D and cognitive function
    http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/scien...function.shtml

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ause-of-autism

Why not take 4,000 IU per day and have your ob or mw check your 25(OH)D at your next appointment - LabCorp only...Quest doesn't have an accurate test. Or the ZRT test (home fingerstick test) is available for $65 from grassrootshealth.net or vitamindcouncil.org

For $38, directlabs.com is offering their D test. They use labcorp:
    http://www.directlabs.com/MonthlySpe...S/Default.aspx
    Last edited by cillakat; 10-27-2010 at 07:34 AM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, listen to Cillakat, she is the guru around here for this. Also I read some study that claimed that D from sun exposure doesn't necessarily enter your body's circulation very well unless you're slim. Taking it as a supplement definitely won't hurt you or the baby. My OB has me taking 10K/day, sun or not.

Glad the cold is gone! And still very impressed with your consistent-yet-varied exercise routine -- I'm just proud of myself whenever I can drag my butt to the pool.

Carla is offline Member
    Thanks for the information ladies! I appreciate the advice.

@Cillakat - I will definitely check out the articles and links you sent too.

Carla is offline Member
    Good news!!! I avoided the fried sopapillas at dinner last night... I wanted to order them soooo bad but I resisted and had oranges for dessert instead. Yea me! (I didn't avoid the tortilla chips though... )

I also started supplementing 5,000 IU of D3/day today... I have an appointment with my OB on Monday and will see if he will have their lab test my levels while I'm there.

Work has been crazy busy too! I don't see this letting up anytime between now and when the baby is due either...

Thursday - 10/28/2010: Day 7

Food:

9am: From Starbuck's - 1 grande whole milk latte

12pm: From Frank's Chophouse - cup of broccoli soup w/ chicken broth & cream base, foot long beef hot dog w/ chili & cheese (no bun), side of grilled broccoli

3pm: Was craving something sweet after that massive lunch, so... 1 "think thin" gluten free peanut butter bar, 4 squares of dark chocolate

7:30pm: grass fed ground beef cooked in butter, sauteed red cabbage, a few pieces of brie

Cheats:

*4 squares dark chocolate

Activity:

6am

Warm-up:

10 squats
    10 push-ups - on knees
    3 rounds

Work-out:

Shoulder Press: 5-5-5
    65#-70#-75#

Then

50-40-30-20-10: double-unders
    30-25-20-10-5: push-ups
    (alternate between DU and push-ups on each set)

Completed in 14:14
    Last edited by Carla; 10-28-2010 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    I slept horribly last night! I woke up at 2am hungry and stressed thinking about work... After tossing around for an hour I finally got up to get something to eat. After eating I managed to pass out at 3:30am but then had to get up again at 4:30am for my workout! Ugh. I'm glad I worked out though. I'm feeling much better now... Hopefully, tonight will be better.

Friday - 10/29/2010: Day 8

Food:

3:15am: 6 clementine oranges, 3 flourless oatmeal cookies (from Sunday's batch), glass of whole milk... Felt SO much better after eating!

9:30am: From Starbuck's - 1 grande whole milk latte

11:30am: From Beck's Prime - baked potato w/ grilled chicken, cheddar cheese, sour cream, & butter

6:30pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

9pm: grilled ribeye steak, asparagus, and red bell pepper

Cheats:

*3 oatmeal cookies

Activity:

5am

Warm-up:

10 squats
    5 push-ups - on knees
    10 good mornings
    Run 200m
    2 rounds

Work-out:

20 KBS - 35#
    20 box step-ups - 20"
    5 push-ups - on knees
    Run 400m (after first 4 rounds only)
    5 rounds

Completed in 26:26
    Last edited by Carla; 10-29-2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    Slept great last night! Got in 10 hours of sleep with just 2 bathroom breaks!!! Nice!

Going to check out our farmers market for the first time now...

Saturday - 10/30/2010: Day 9

Food:

9am: 2 cups coffee w/ half and half, 4 flourless oatmeal cookies (from Sunday's batch)

1:30pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

4pm: 1 medium apple, cheese, handful of 72% Ghirardelli chocolate mini discs

8:30pm: from Thai Bistro - stirfried chicken w/ cashews, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, onions, and ~1/3 cup pork fried rice

Cheats:

*4 oatmeal cookies
    *handful of 72% Ghirardelli chocolate mini discs

Activity:

None
    Last edited by Carla; 10-30-2010 at 07:43 PM.

Carla is offline Member
    I made an awesome flourless chocolate torte last night. I didn't sample it yesterday because I was full but I had a few bites today. It is delicious but I really can't eat more than a few bites at a time. It is SO filling. It's made with 10 oz of 72% bittersweet chocolate, 2 sticks of butter, 5 eggs, 1/4 cup strong coffee, 1/4 cup sugar, & vanilla. Best torte ever! And it's just sweet enough to satisfy my recent cravings for desserts...

Another great night of sleep... 9 hours! I need to take advantage before the baby comes along...

Also, I met a bunch of great farmers at the market yesterday. I'll be going back next weekend with a cooler so I can buy some bison and pork.

Sunday - 10/31/2010: Day 10

Food:

9am: 2 cups coffee w/ half and half (1 regular, 1 decaf), 5 mini chocolate biscotti

12pm: smoked beef sausage, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

2:30pm: ~5 small bites of flourless chocolate torte

3:30pm: 1 medium apple, jalapeņo cheese, cheddar cheese

7pm: At my friends Halloween party (I was sooooo bad... ) - 4 mini Snickers candies, 2 sugar cookies, tortilla chips w/ goat cheese/leek dip & spinach/artichoke dip, a couple slices of Brie, 6 mini sausages wrapped in phyllo dough

Cheats:

*5 mini chocolate biscotti
    *5 bites flourless chocolate torte
    *4 mini Snickers candies
    *2 sugar cookies
    *tortilla chips
    *phyllo dough

Activity:

None
    Last edited by Carla; 10-31-2010 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Carla is offline Member
    34 weeks pregnant today!! I have my OB appointment today, then again in 2 weeks, then every week until my delivery date!

Monday - 11/1/2010: Day 11

Food:

7:30am: 1 cup decaf coffee w/ half and half

10am: 1 cup half caff coffee w/ half and half, 4 slices bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/ 1/2 red bell pepper

11:30am: 1 medium apple

1:30pm: a couple of handfuls of red grapes

2:30pm: small slice flour-less chocolate torte, 1 glass skim milk (I normally go for the whole milk but this is all we have in the house!)

4pm: handful of pretzels... okay I really need to stop with all this junk snacking!!

8:30pm: grilled Italian sausage w/ carrots and cucumber on a toasted French bread roll, 1/4 French bread roll w/ butter and blackberry jelly

Cheats:

*small slice flour-less chocolate torte
    *handful of pretzels
    *1 1/4 French bread roll
    *blackberry jelly

Activity:

5:30am

Warm-up:

12 tire step-ups - ~20 in
    12 push-ups (mix of on toes and knees)
    3 rounds

Skill work:
    drop snatch w/ 25# bar

Work-out:

AMRAP in 20 minutes:
    10 squat snatch - 35#
    10 ring dips - w/ 1.5 in band
    10 KTE - more like knees to waist

Completed 4 rounds
    Last edited by Carla; 11-01-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Adding food for the day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast