Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use of Products and Colon Hydro-therapy... page

wildema1 is offline Member

Use of Products and Colon Hydro-therapy...

Primal Fuel
    Is stopping the use of products such as shampoos extremely important, or is it simply another thing that is primal? Also, how does everyone feel about colon hydro-therapy (aka colonics or 2-quart enemas)?
    I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks!

No one?

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    that seems to lie more in the vegan thinking of cleansing...I don't think grok had access to an enema bag?

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    The colonics can be extremely dangerous from everything I have read. Not only do they force bacteria into the intestines (there is a reason there is a one way sphincter valve involved), but they can damage the lining of the rectum and walls of the intestines if they are not too careful.

Think the whole idea is full of sh** (no pun intended).

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I stopped using products because I was curious about it. It was only connected to primal by the concept that people only smell bad if they eat a high-carb, processed-food diet. I don't recall it even being mentioned in the Primal Blueprint, though I really need to go back for my refresher read--it's been 3 months now!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Thanks!

I did colon therapy and I think it does help! Most places let you see what comes out and you would be amazed at the AMOUNT of stuff that flushes out!! I would go to the bathroom before I'd get there and then halfway through I'd be looking at the glass pipe saying all that stuff is coming out of me?? I highly recommend it. I now get it done once a year!!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildema1 View Post
    Is stopping the use of products such as shampoos extremely important, or is it simply another thing that is primal?
    It's only primal in that we didn't have modern shampoo in any environment of evolutionary adaptation.

No, it's not extremely important. I wouldn't even say it's at all important.....just a personal preference of some folks.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Penn and Teller did a show on detoxing and colon cleansing. The claim it's bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV4DckkyaN4

perldog007 is offline Junior Member
    My mother succumbed to a radical aggressive cancer. They told her she had six months but she got six more years of a mostly full life. A year before she passed she could pedal her three wheel bike four miles with the last two against 30mph plus winds @ 61 years old. She got rid of all "toxic" personal and household products, even had a brief remission for a year that stunned the doctors.

I am not sure if the results were physical or placebo, but would opine that if it makes you feel better that's reason enough.

Have never had colon hydrotherapy, but am seriously considering it. All my data is first hand testimonials from a few folks I have met who do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast